What Are Online Courses?
Online courses are offered over the Internet and can be accessed at any time, day or night. Here’s a 10-minute video describing how to access and participate in online courses.
Enrollment is up in online courses so register early to get the classes you want.
- Take what you need based on your schedule.
- Learn from Brookdale’s accomplished faculty with advanced degrees in their fields.
- Pay low in-county tuition no matter where you live.
- Online courses are equivalent in content and acceptability to face-to-face courses.
Apply online to get started today!
Students may choose to take online courses in addition to more traditional classroom-based courses, or earn a degree entirely online.
Online courses are presented in a learning management system, Canvas. Canvas supports the last two versions of every browser release. We highly recommend updating to the newest version of whatever browser you are using as well as the most up-to-date Flash plug-in. Currently (September 2014) Canvas supports:
- Chrome 36 and 37
- Safari 6 and 7
- Firefox 31 and 32 (Extended Releases are not supported)
- Flash 14 and 15 (for recording or viewing audio/video and uploading files)
Please contact the Teaching and Learning Center at 732-224-2089 or contact us online.
For technical assistance after hours and on the weekend, please contact the Brookdale Help Desk:
Learning Management System
Brookdale’s online courses are delivered through our Learning Management System, Canvas. Please see our document about possible technical issues and ways to access your content.
A virtual orientation to online learning and the Canvas learning management system was held on Wednesday, May 14th, 2014 at 12 noon. Missed the session? Here’s a link to the recording.