Both Brookdale students and individuals attending other schools may earn credit through CLEP testing at Brookdale’s main campus. No appointment is necessary, but tests must be started within our CLEP service hours (check the Testing Center main webpage.)Important Notice: You must preregister and prepay the $80.00 fee for the CLEP test by going to the CollegeBoard website. You must bring a print out the Registration form and bring it with you, along with your payment of $30.00 to Brookdale and two forms of ID. There is no need to schedule an appointment with our office.
CLEP Identification Requirements: Candidates must present one form of identification as follows:
Acceptable forms of ID include:
- Current passport with name, photograph, and signature
- Valid’s driver’s license with name, photograph, and signature
- State or Province ID issued by the motor vehicle agency with name, photograph, and signature.
- Military ID
- National ID with name, photograph, and signature
- A tribal ID card
- A naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
- If the student is a minor and unable to provide a primary government-issued ID, then the College Board ID Form must be used for the primary ID. This form must include a recognizable photo, and the school seal must overlap the photo. The student must sign the ID form in the presence of the student’s counselor or principal. The student must again sign the form at the Testing Center. It must be dated and is good for one year.
Brookdale students may now earn 3 credits by scoring a 60 in College Composition Modular AND receiving a passing grade on an essay supplied and scored by our English Faculty. Acceptable scores on both parts will be equivalent to 3 credits for ENGL 121, and satisfy the prerequisites for ENGL 122.
The CLEP program has developed several tools to support test takers. The following tools can be accessed on the CLEP website.
CLEP Tutorial – Testing Platform
This video tutorial guides test-takers through the internet-based testing platform to help you become familiar witht he testng tools, the tyupes of examination questions and the types of calculators that will appear in a CLEP exam.
CLEP Exam Registration Video – My Account
This video demonstration guides test-takers through the CLEP exam registration process, including: identifying an institution that accepts a CLEP policy, purchasing exam and study materials, registering on the My Account protal and scheduling an exam with a test center (don’t forget – you don’t need to schedule an exam with Brookdale’s Testing Center – all testing is done on a walk-in basis). An accompanying flyer with detailed instructions can be downloaded as well.
CLEP is for Everyone!
Is CLEP right for you? This video may help you decide.
Students with Documented Disabilities
Candidates who have been approved for testing accommodations should self-identify to a Testing Services Staff member so that appropriate accommodations can be given. Documentation must be provided. Accommodations that may be available are one and half time or double time, calculator, ruler, magnifying glass, Screen Magnification (ZoomText) or spell checker. In some cases, a reader or recorder may be available by appointment.
Brookdale Students: Click here for Brookdale’s course, credit and score equivalencies for CLEP exams.