What is our Distance Advising and Counseling Program?
Our Distance Advising and Counseling Program enables you to meet with a Counselor or Advisor in real time, interactively over the Internet.
Instead of coming to campus, you can meet with a Counselor or Advisor during one of the scheduled online meeting times from a location that is convenient for you.
How does our Distance Advising and Counseling Program work?
Brookdale is currently using Adobe Connect as its distance advising tool. You can participate in the session using your web camera and microphone. In the event that you do not have a camera and microphone, you can use the Chat Pod (Instant Messaging). During the session your Counselor or Advisor will use the screen-sharing feature to show you important documents. You will also be able to see the Counselor or Advisor via web cam, at the same time.
Can all of my counseling and advising needs be met in a distance meeting?
No. At this time, online counseling sessions are appropriate only for the following requests:
|*Academic planning||*Career Test results||*Course approval||*Degree requirements|
|*Graduation requirements||*Probation Contracts||*Transcript evaluation||*Transfer information|
Please make an in-person appointment for all other advising needs.
Online Counseling Hours
Monday 5:00 pm -7:00 pm ( February 23, March 30, April 13, April 20, June 1, June 15, June 22, June 29) Tuesday 5:00 pm -7:00 pm (February 10 only) Wednesday 10:30 am – 1:00 pm Thursday 5:00 pm -7:00 pm
How do I request an online counseling session?
- Click on the Online Counseling icon located at the bottom of the page.
- Read through all of the instructions and computer requirements.
- Complete the Connection Test to confirm that your computer or mobile device can support an online counseling session.
- Complete the the Online Counseling Registration form. Be sure to answer all questions and agree to all of the terms and click the Submit link.
- Your will be redirected to a confirmation screen with a link to the Adobe Connect login page. Click on the Online Advisement link.
- Select Guest and enter your first name only.
- You will be waiting to enter the advising meeting. There may be students ahead of you, of whom you are unaware. A counselor will invite you into the meeting room as soon as they are available. Do not sign out and sign back in, you will loose your place in line. Please be patient and wait.
You can also watch a video tutorial on how to meet with your advisor or counselor online: