If you are a new student interested in attending Brookdale, there are a few steps you need to take in order to register for classes. As a new student you are required to apply, take the Accuplacer exam, meet with an Academic Advisor, and register for your courses.
Just follow the steps in this checklist:
1) Apply to Brookdale. You can apply in person at the Main Campus in Lincroft, or any one of our Regional Locations located throughout Monmouth County. You can also Apply Online. There is a one-time $25.00 application fee.
2) Take the Accuplacer Test. Once a student applies to the college they are required to take the Accuplacer Test. This test helps assess your reading, writing, and mathematics skills and helps your Advisor place you in appropriate courses. The Accuplacer test is done at your own pace, and you should expect to take approximately 3 hours to complete the exam. Once you apply to the college, you will receive a “welcome letter” within approximately 2-3 weeks that will provide you with further information regarding testing. If you apply in person, you will be provided with a testing pass at that time. No appointment is needed for testing at the Main Campus in Lincroft. If you would like to take your test at one of our Regional Locations, please contact them for further information.
- You may be able to be waived from taking this test if you have met certain criteria. Read the FAQ to determine if you can be waived from taking the test. The Testing Center and all of Brookdale’s locations require valid photo ID for you to take the test. You can also read sample test questions.
3) Schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor. After you take the test your next step will be to sit down with an Academic Advisor and determine what courses you will be taking for the term. Your advisor will speak to you about your academic interests, the results of your Accuplacer test, and any career or transfer interests you may have. They will assist you in planning your course schedule for the term, and will approve your classes for the term. After you have met with your advisor, you can register.
4) Register for classes. You may register at the Main Campus in Lincroft or any of our regional locations. Remember, you will need to provide the VA Certifying Official with the required information once you register in order to start using your GI Bill benefits.
5) Complete and provide your completed GI Bill paperwork to the VA Certifying Officials during walk-in VA hours or by appointment.