OPEN NOW: Brookdale Veteran’s Center
Brookdale is proud to announce the formal opening of our new Veteran’s Center on Friday September 26. Centrally located in the Main Academic Complex (MAC) Room 112, the Center is dedicated to providing support services to veterans and active duty military personnel.
In addition to being a service and information hub, the Center is a focal point for our veterans to gather and interact informally. It also provides a dedicated location for Veteran Club meetings.
Staffed during regular business hours, Monday-Friday by Christine Forman, Student Development Associate, veterans will have access to a collection of valuable information. They will also be able to schedule appointments for the comprehensive array of assistance services, including:
- Review and authorization of GI Bill benefits and Veterans Administration services coordinated by Eleanor Glazewski, our VA Certifying Official;
- Assistance with degree planning and short-term personal concerns;
- Transition from military to civilian life issues;
- Career and occupational assessment and counseling, and links to assistance with job search and career development services;
- Licensed mental health professionals, including combat veterans licensed or certified to provide these services, available to provide specific workshops, counseling groups, and interventions targeted to life transition and adjustment issues after separation from service and/or service related disabilities;
- Connections to and coordination with Monmouth County, NJ state and federal veterans-related programs and services.
Reporting to Richard Pfeffer, Dean of Enrollment Development and Student Affairs, Steve Curto, Director of Student Development Services will maintain oversight and coordinating responsibility for the Center’s operations and the collaborative services provided by Brookdale staff and interns to our Veterans including:
- Eleanor Glazewski, Associate Registrar and Brookdale’s Certifying Official for Veterans GI Bill Benefits;
- Ernest Oversen, Director of Disabilities Services;
- Academic advisors, counselors, and representatives from our Advising/Counseling and Career Services offices;
- Authorized interns