Once our lives get back to normal, the hospitality industry is going to flourish.
Brookdale’s Hospitality Management Program will prepare you for these exciting careers.
Find out more about the program, career possibilities, and transfer options! View a recording of our Hospitality Management Virtual Information Session held on Tuesday, August 18 at noon.
Whether you want to start a new career or rise to the top of your current field, our Hospitality Management A.S. degree will set you apart.
When you graduate from Brookdale, you’ll have the skills to:
- Operate a hospitality-based business
- Supervise and coordinate personnel
- Demonstrate knowledge of global travel and tourism concepts
- Demonstrate safe food handling and responsible alcohol service
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills in an industry with diverse customers
- Design and evaluate hospitality menus and events
- Demonstrate effective team/interpersonal skills
- Apply hospitality industry terminology and concepts to businesses
What’s the employment outlook?
Nationwide, the leisure and hospitality sector is expected to add nearly 1,000,000 new jobs between 2014 and 2024, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The sector employs nearly 10 percent of all private sector workers in Monmouth County, where it is expected to grow by 5 percent over the next four years.
According to the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development, 814,979 people were employed in the state’s leisure, hospitality and retail industries in 2015.