What is a non-credit internship?
A non-credit internship is an academic program which allows you to apply classroom theories and skills in a real work experience. You are monitored by a Career Services Representative. This option allows you to begin working in your field of study early in your program. There is no limit to the number of terms you can participate, and you do not pay tutition for this option.
Will I earn college credit for participating?
This is a NON-credit bearing internship. However, this work experience results in academic recognition on your official transcript.
Why should I participate?
1. Have three times more success in finding employment in your field of study after graduation than students who don’t.
2. Gain opportunities to apply skills and theories learned in the classroom to explore a career field and to make important contacts in a diversified workplace.
3. Increase confidence and improve academic performance.
Who is eligible?
If you are interested in participating in a non-credit internship you must meet program eligibility. All students must:
1. Be matriculated and in good academic standing.
2. Have completed the number of courses and credits in your major required by the department. Typically, students are eligible after earning 6 credits in their major.
3. Have the approval of a Career Services Representative.
Will I be paid?
Non-credit internships may be paid or unpaid.All non-credit internships provide valuable learning experiences in a work environment. It is helpful to remember that often your greatest “pay” will be in experience gained and contacts made.
For more information, please contact our office at 732-224-2792 or visit us in MAC 105.