On-Campus Employment

Student Activities Spring Fling on the SLC Patio

On-Campus Employment – Current Brookdale Students Only

Please note: All students inquiring about working on campus will be placed on a waitlist.

I want to work on campus; now what?

Come see us! Schedule a meeting with Career Services to learn if you are eligible to work as a student employee through either the Federal Work Study or Student Help programs. And if so, you’ll  have to attend a mandatory orientation session and complete the paperwork.

What do I need to be eligible?

Currently enrolled students, who are in good academic standing, may be eligible to work in one of our Student Worker programs.

To be eligible for both Federal Work Study and/or Student Help, students need to be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits. Federal Work Study eligibility is based upon financial need; the Financial Aid Office will assist you.

More information about Federal Work Study is available from the Financial Aid Office.

What will I need to bring to my meeting?

Please bring your original Driver’s License or picture ID, your Brookdale ID, and your original Social Security Card. (If you need a new Social Security card, we can provide you with information on how to obtain one.)

How will I know what employment program I am a part of?

The Financial Aid Office determines eligibility for Federal Work Study, and they will send you a letter as well as an e-mail if you are given a Financial Aid award. If you are not eligible for the Federal Work Study program, then you may be able to work on campus as Student Help; however, Student Help positions are limited.

Am I guaranteed a position?

No, unfortunately we often have to place students on a waiting list for employment, as positions on campus are in high demand and fill quickly. Please note that requests for on-campus employment must be made early at the start of the term!

Where can I work?

Students can work in various departments on campus, at our regional Centers, and at several off campus community agencies.

How many hours a week can I work?

Students can work a maximum of 20 hours per week during the to main 15-week terms, and 30 hours per week during the summer terms and during term breaks.

How much will I make?

Student workers are paid an hourly wage based upon their position on campus, the level of skill/responsibility that position requires, and the training/supervision required of that position. There are 3 levels of pay for student workers: Level 1: $9.00 per hour; Level 2: $10.50 per hour; Level 3: $12.00 per hour. Please see Career Services for more information regarding pay levels and positions on campus.

How do I record my hours?

Your supervisor will be given time sheets to fill out.  You’ll need to make sure that these are filled out accurately and sent to the Payroll Office on time per the due date.

How long is my contract good for?

Your contract is good for one academic year, from July 1st through the end of the Spring term in May. You will need to complete a new contract with our office each academic year, even if you continue in the same position.

For more information, please contact our office at, P: 732-224-2792 or visit us in MAC 105.


Career Services • MAC Building, Room 105 • Brookdale Community College • 765 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft, NJ 07738 • P: 732-224-2792 •