Seach the BCC College Calendar for “International Education Center” events
• Foreign Film Series: October 12, November 16, December 7; movies run at 6:30 pm in SLC
• PTK & ISA, International Student Experiences and Stories: October 27th 11:30-12:30 in MAN 105
• iDebate Team Rwanda (with S4GC): November 3 at 11:30 in SLC Navesink I (This will be an exchange between college-aged Rwandans and S4GC Brookdale students. Topics will include: (1) Background on Rwanda: the war and their culture/society (2) Healthcare (3) Economy (4) Education; there will be an opportunity to lunch with the Rwandan students after the event.)
• iDebate Team Rwanda (with Brookdale students): November 4th (at 8 AM and 2 PM in SLC—Navesink I (The format of this event will be similar to that of the previous day, but with more flexibility in terms of the topics and the participants.)
International Education Week
Monday, Nov. 16th (1) International Education Info 11:00 am – 2:00 pm (Freehold SS Center) Stop by our table at Freehold Campus’ Student Success Center to meet with center director, Dr. Janice Thomas. Learn about the IEC’s offerings, which include services for international students, multicultural events, and study abroad opportunities (both short-term and extended). (2) Foreign Film: Biutiful 6:30 pm (SLC Paramount Theater) Join us for a viewing of this Mexican-Spanish drama and a post-film discussion led by Associate Professor Alex Idavoy.
Tuesday, Nov. 17th (1) Study Abroad Info 11:30 am – 1:30 pm (Lincroft SLC) Interested in studying abroad? Faculty representatives from study-abroad trips will be on hand to answer questions about short-term summer courses in Iceland, Ghana, and Cuba.(2) BCC Clubs Support Global Health 11:30 am – 1:30 pm (Lincroft SLC) Students for Global Citizenship (S4GC) are hosting a global health information session. There will be a bake sale and a donations table to raise funds for a well, which will provide a much-needed clean water source in a rural African village. WILL, the International Student Association, and the Nursing Association will also be sponsoring tables on various global health topics.
Wednesday, Nov. 18th ¡Salud!: Lunch & Learn at Long Branch 11:00 am – 1:00 pm (LB HEC) Enjoy lunch in Long Branch as you view ¡Salud!, an important documentary that focuses on the progressive healthcare policies that arose as a result of the Cuban revolution. Join Professor Barbara Barrella and Brookdale students for a timely discussion about our collective right to health care.
Thursday, Nov. 19th Catherine Packer 11:30 am – 1:15 pm (Lincroft SLC Nav I, II, III) Join us for an enlightening talk from Dr. Catherine Packer. Dr. Packer is a research associate in the Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Department at FHI 360. She has worked for universities and non-governmental organizations in numerous economically developing countries.
Global Citizenship Meetings
• Tuesday 10/13 11:45-12:45 in MAC 110
• Thursday 11/19 1:30-2:30 in MAC 110
International Education Advisory Committee Meetings
• Thursday 10/1 during college hour in MAN 106
• Tuesday 11/24 during college hour
Students for Global Citizenship
Meetings are every 2nd and 3rd TH MAN 106 (college hour)
• Bake Sales: October 29, November 17
• November 12,19
• December 10, 17
• February 11, 18
• March 10, 17
• April 14, 21