When reporting any emergency situation, a crime, or suspicious activity, please follow these steps:
- Give your name and address
- Report why you are calling
- Request medical assistance, if needed
- Give as many details as possible
- Description of activity being observed
- Description of person(s) involved
- Location the person was last seen or their direction of travel
- Description of any motor vehicle involved
- Presence of any weapons
Stay on the phone until released by the officer receiving your call. Remember, stay calm and speak slowly. If possible, obtain the names and addresses of any witnesses.
All reports of crime will be fully recorded, investigated, and reported in accordance with the laws and regulations of the State of New Jersey and in accordance with the definitions used in the Uniform Crime Reporting System of the Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation. Crime reports will be made available through all staff and student publications, as well as broadcast voice and e-mails and radio station announcements, where applicable.