If you believe you have witnessed a violation of the Brookdale Code of Conduct, you should report it to the Office of Student Life and Activities (SLC 101) which houses Student Conduct
Of course, if it is an emergency or someone is in eminent danger, first contact campus police at 911.
Some common occurrences that would be appropriate to report are:
- A physical or verbal fight between two or more parties;
- Theft from a campus retail area or someone’s personal property;
- Unauthorized alteration or mutilation of College property;
- Use of drugs and/or alcohol on campus;
- Unauthorized presence in a campus space.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of possible violations. For more information, please see the Student Code of Conduct above.
If you wish to report an incident, you will need to fill out an Incident Report. A blank report is available at the top of this page. Please be sure you fill out the form completely and to the best of your abilities. The more information you are able to provide Student Life with initially, the more effective we will be in properly adjudicating the case. Detailed instructions are provided in the Incident Report document.
Some things to keep in mind if you are witness to a violation:
- If you are faculty or staff, try to obtain the name and ID number of the involved student(s).
- Record any witnesses and their contact information.
- Record the date, time and location of the event.
- Determine (if possible) what events led up to the violation.
You may be required to provide a statement during a hearing for the accused student(s). If this occurs, please keep in mind that you should speak only about the event directly, not any other interactions you may have had with the student, or any prior feelings you have about the student(s).
Due to FERPA, we are unable to release any information about the outcome of any disciplinary proceedings that may occur after you file an incident report. An exception to this rule is when someone may have been a direct victim of the student(s), in which case certain information may be released.
Posted in: Student Conduct Code