The following sanctions may be applied either singularly or in any combination as appropriate to the circumstances of each case:
- Verbal Reprimand: Verbal admonition against further violations.
- Written Reprimand: Written warning placed in student’s file for having engaged in misconduct.
- Restitution: The obligation to replace or pay for property damaged to compensate for losses incurred or to provide a campus service as a result of a violation.
- Conditional Probation: Temporary loss of College rights and privileges until specified conditions are met, such as letters of apology, and/or doctor’s releases, etc.
- Disciplinary Probation: Loss of participation in College-related activities for a specified period of time. May also contain conditions to be met in order to be removed from probation.
- Fine: Monetary sum imposed as a penalty for an offense.
- Community Service: Assigned community service work to fit a particular violation.
- Suspension: Exclusion from all or specified classes and other College-related activities for a specified period of time.
- Expulsion: Permanent dismissal from classes and college-related activities.
- Summary (Temporary) Suspension: Exclusion for all or specified classes and other College-related activities until due process can be completed. May be used by the Dean of Enrollment Development and Student Affairs in the event of a threat of safety to the student or College community or if a student refuses to respond to a summons to appear before the Director of Student Life and Activities or his/her designe
Posted in: Student Conduct Code