Is this your first year at Brookdale?
Going to college is one of most exciting (and nerve-wracking) steps you can take. So, what is it like to be a Brookdale student? How do you decide what courses to take? Will the coursework be really hard? What kind of fun things are happening on campus? How do you get involved and meet other students?
At Brookdale, we want you to succeed, and our First Year Experience (FYE) program will help. FYE is a comprehensive program that involves almost every single department at Brookdale. Together, we’re all focused on making your first year the best it can be.
- Support you as you make the transition from high school to college, and especially to a non-residential environment;
- Help you develop your sense of identity with students, faculty, and staff who share common educational goals and interests;
- Expand your horizons and enrich your college experience through lectures, concerts, plays, gallery talks and trips;
- Learn the value of “giving back” with other students through events like Campus Clean-Up, Brookdale’s Day of Service, and projects with community partners like Habitat for Humanity, Clean Ocean Action and Holiday Express;
- And encourage you to join one of our huge array of student clubs and meet new people with the same interests as you.
At Brookdale, we are totally committed to your success – we’re here to help you get started on the most exciting journey of your life.