Microsoft is ending support for the Windows XP operating system and Office 2003 product line on April 8, 2014
What does this mean?
- Microsoft will no longer deliver XP security patches which help protect PCs from harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software
- Microsoft will not provide XP assisted technical support
- Microsoft will cease software and content updates for XP
- Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (SP3) Operating System
- Microsoft Office 2003 Products
- All Brookdale PCs and laptops have been or will be upgraded to Windows 7 and Office 2010 or Office 2013
- Over 1400 XP PCs and laptops replaced with Windows 7 machines since 2012
- Over 1300 XP PCs and laptops upgraded to Windows 7 since 2012
- All Faculty and Staff PCs and laptops will be replaced or upgraded by May 2014
- Lab XP PCs will be replaced or upgraded after the Spring Semester to avoid class disruption
- Technical precautions in place to protect the Brookdale network until all XP PCs and laptops are upgraded or replaced with Windows 7
What should I do?
- If you have a Brookdale owned PC or laptop, OIT will be contacting you directly to schedule an upgrade or replacement. OIT will be working on a tight timeframe; please adhere to your scheduled appointment.
- If you want to find out your scheduled date for a Windows 7 upgrade or replacement, please contact the Help Desk at extension 2829 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For your home PC or laptop, click on the link below to access information about your options