Configuring Gmail On An Android Device
Complete the steps below to configure your Brookdale Gmail account on your Android mobile device.
1. Access your Brookdale Student Gmail from the MyBrookdale link located on the top navigation of the Brookdale website.
2. Click Student Email icon and log in into your Brookdale student Gmail account.
3. Click the gear icon in the upper-right and select Settings at the top the Gmail page.
4. Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. 5. Select Enable IMAP radio button.
6. Click Save changes. 7. On your Android, navigate to your Home screen. 8. Select the icon that lets you set up email. 9. Select Your Accounts. 10. Select Next. 11. Follow the setup instructions provided on your device to create a new e-mail account. Note: the screenshot below my vary depending upon your phone model. Be sure to enter the following information in the appropriate fields:
|a. Email address: [your full Brookdale email address, including the @mail.brookdalecc.edu]b. Password: [your Brookdale NetID password]c. Select Nextd. Select IMAP account. Select Nexte. Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.comf. IMAP port:993 (NOTE: you may not have to enter this number if a field for it is not visible)g. Security type: SSL2 (always)h. Select Nexti. Outgoing Server: smtp.gmail.comj. SMTP port: 465k. Security type: SSL2 (always). Select Next|