How do I prevent the message about Secure/Non-Secure Items from appearing?
Since this is a browser setting, not a web server setting, it has to be turned off by the user. For information on how to manage Secure/Non-Secure items. please refer to the detailed instructions below:
- Open Internet Explorer from the Desktop
- Click on tools, and select Internet options
- In Internet options window, click on Security Tab
- Select Internet Zone and Click on Custom level
- In security settings-Internet Zone window, select Miscellaneous
- Under miscellaneous, Enable the option which states”Display mixed content”
- Click on Ok and Apply
- At the top of the page, to the left of the address bar, click the shield icon
- In the pop-up window that appears, click the down arrow next to “Keep Blocking”, and select Disable Protection on This Page.
- The page will refresh and display any mixed content. The shield icon will be replaced with a warning symbol to indicate that the page is displaying both secure and non-secure items.
- Click the shield icon on the right side of the address bar
- In the icon dialog box, click Load anyway.
- The page will refresh and display any mixed content.
- The URL in the address bar will show https crossed out to indicate that the page is displaying both secure and non-secure items.
Posted in: Web Browsers