The Money Network® Account is an optional feature of the Brookdale OneCard for students only. The Money Network® Discover Enabled OneCard features:
- Financial Aid disbursements and refunds can be deposited directly into your Brookdale Money Network® Discover Enabled OneCard account.
- The Money Network® Discover Enabled OneCard is not a credit card, but a prepaid debit card that does not affect your credit score.
- All funds are FDIC insured.
- The Money Network® Discover Enabled OneCard is NOT the same as Brookdale Bucks. These are two separate accounts.
- The Brookdale Money Network® Discover Enabled OneCard funds are accessed using the hologram mag strip on the back of the Brookdale OneCard.
If you would like Financial Aid disbursements and refunds to be directly deposited onto your Brookdale OneCard, you must complete the steps below to authorize Brookdale Community College to put your refund on your Money Network Discover® OneCard account:
- Log into WebAdvisor
- Click Student link from the Main menu
- Select the OneCard eChecks Enrollment link located under the Financial Information section.
- Select the option to add the Refund to your OneCard. NOTE: Financial Aid disbursement refunds are made available to recipients after the 10th day of the term for which you are enrolled. Please review the Disbursement Procedures on the Financial Aid web site for additional information.
- After 24 hours of, contact the Money Network Customer Service at 1-800-822-4283 to activate your card and set-up your PIN.
- Financial Aid disbursements are distributed after the end of the add/drop period (10th day) of the term for which you are enrolled. (For example: Fall 15 week and Fall 11 week). If your award includes a student loan, your student loan will not be posted to your account until thirty days after the first day of classes. You can call Financial Aid Office for your disbursement status at 732-224-2361.You will not see any balance on your Money Network Discover Enabled OneCard account until after the add/drop period.
NOTE: This is a one-time opt-in process and all future Financial Aid disbursements and refunds will continue to be disbursed to the Brookdale Money Network® Discover® OneCard account. To opt out of the Brookdale Money Network® Discover® OneCard account you MUST contact the HelpDesk at 732-224-2829 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information about your new Money Network Discover Enabled® OneCard account such as important how to’s, managing your account online, helpful links, upgrades to your account, additional services, and personal finance 101, visit Money Network®. Allow 24 hours from the time you receive your new Brookdale One card before contacting the Money Network® Discover® Customer Service 1-800-822-4283 to activate your card and set-up your PIN.
The Money Network Mobile App
Download the Money Network mobile app for live account balances, and text message alerts as soon as funds are deposited to your card.