Network Information Technology
The network information technology program prepares students as LAN and WAN network administrators. Successful completion of the program provides students with the essential skills of networking (TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Wireless, Security, and PC Repair and Maintenance). Students will design, install, configure, maintain, optimize, and troubleshoot networks using a variety of network operating systems (Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X), vendor tools (Microsoft©, Cisco ©, Juniper Networks©, and Foundry©) and hardware platforms and protocols. Upon completion of the program, students are prepared for numerous computer related certification exams.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot network operating systems
- Configure, maintain, troubleshoot, &secure routers, switches, and other networking hardware
- Evaluate current and emerging technologies and assess their applicability to address the users’ needs
- Solve problems individually and in a team environment
- Communicate effectively with clients, users and peers both verbally and in writing
- Understand the impact of technology on individuals, organizations and society, including ethical, legal, security and global policy issues.