Certification For Professional Bookkeepers
The American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB) has established a professional certification, the Certified Bookkeeper (CB) credential. By successfully passing four separate examinations and signing a written code of ethics, bookkeepers with at least two years’ work experience earn the right to put “CB” after their name. (The experience requirement may be completed before or after the examination.) A CB has the proven skills and knowledge to carry out all key accounting functions through the adjusted trial balance for a firm of up to 100 employees.
For complete details on what is required to become a Certified Bookkeeper, visit www.aipb.org.
This 60-hour program prepares individuals for the national Certified Bookkeeper examination in mastering the skills and knowledge required for certification:
- Adjusting entries (accruals and deferrals)
- Correction of accounting errors (includes the bank reconciliation)
- Book and tax depreciation
- Payroll—paying wages, withholding, depositing, and reporting taxes using the basic forms (W-2, 941, 940, 8109)
- Recording and costing out merchandise inventory
- Internal controls and fraud prevention
Increase your earning potential, enhance your standing as a professional and give yourself an edge in the job market by becoming a Certified Bookkeeper. Distinguish yourself from other bookkeepers with the CB and show that you have met high national standards and can execute a superior level of bookkeeping skills. 15 SESSIONS
Prerequisite: This is an intensive, fast-paced program. It is for individuals who have knowledge of fundamental accounting principles with at least one of the following:
- Experience in double entry accounting
- Had one or two college level Accounting Principles courses
- Completed the six week non-credit on-line course, Accounting Fundamentals, offered by Brookdale at www.ed2go.com/brookdalecc
Instructor: Andrea Murowski, CPA, associate professor, accounting, Brookdale Community College
Dates and Times: Mon, Sept 9-Dec 16, 5:30–9:30 pm
Code: XBUSS 022W
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: Two weeks before class start in order to have your books available for first class.
Fee: $1,099, includes six textbooks and the four-part national certification exam at Prometric Test Centers.
Register online or call 732-224-2315 Monday through Friday from 8:30 am until 5:00 pm.