The staff of Brookdale Community College's Testing Center is dedicated to providing exemplary service to our students and professional support to our faculty.
Faculty members who need to put tests into the Testing Center to make up for missed class time due to College closures as a result of the recent storms may do so without permission from Department Chairs or Deans.
Please complete the Testing Administration Request Form (available by clicking here), and bring it to Nancy O'Shea or Bill DeVoe in the Testing Center along with enough copies of paper/pencil tests for each student in your class. If it is an Angel test, please feel free to mail the completed form to Nancy at email@example.com or Bill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Permission slips are not necessary, but please provide a class roster.
It is best if you give your class one week to take the test, with the deadline date being the meeting date of your class. Please avoid using Fridays, Saturdays or Mondays as your deadline unless your class meets those days. This will help alleviate backlog in the Testing room.
Please tell your students that they must know their class (i.e. PSYC 105 or BIOL 112) and your name. This is how tests are filed. Students must also have a valid government-issued photo ID - a Brookdale ID is preferable, but other options may include a driver's license, passport, military ID, county ID, etc. (Club cards, work IDs, Six Flag IDs, etc. are unacceptable). Students do not need an appointment (nor appointments be made) and will be seated in the Testing Center on a first come-first served basis.
All tests must be picked up and signed for in the Testing Services offices during regular business hours. We cannot accept homework or assignments from students.
New for Fall 2012
As of the Fall 2012 semester, the Staff of Testing Services will be assisting faculty and the TLC with coordination and approval of your distance learning and hybrid class testing. Please click on the following link https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DistanceEdTesting to give us an idea of your requirements for proctored exams. This will assist us with staffing and resource allocation.
We ask that you utilize our Test Administration Request Form when submitting all tests (even make-up tests for your traditional face-to-face classes). Please email Nancy at email@example.com or Bill at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a copy by return email. It is also available in the Faculty Portal.
Click here for a Proctor Agreement form which must be completed by your student and any non-Brookdale proctor. Once this is completed and submitted to us, our staff will consider the proctor for approval and when appropriate, forward the test to the proctor and have it sent back to us, and get it back to you.
The Proctor Agreement is also available on the Student Web Page.
The Staff of Testing Services will coordinate the proctoring agreements and delivery of all proctored exams both on and off the Brookdale Campuses.
Is your class Angel-Supported? If so, you can send your class to Testing Services for testing IF your test can be administered through the Angel Course Management System. Contact Nancy O'Shea, Manager, at email@example.com or X2076 or William DeVoe, Supervisor, firstname.lastname@example.org, X1973 for additional information.
Please help us help you by advising students of the following:
- Students must have a Brookdale photo ID. Under no circumstances will a test be administered without a government-issued photo ID.
- Students must sign in on our computerized sign-in system which is in the hallway outside our Testing Center.
- Students must place all personal items, including turned off cell phones, in our lockers. We will provide a lock and key that the students hold on to while they are taking their test.
- Students may not leave the Testing room during the test. Once they leave, the test is considered complete and they may not come back and continue the test.
- Tests will be collected at closing time. Students are expected to hand in their tests and leave the Testing Center when instructed by the proctor.
- If a student is taking a test via Angel, he/she must know their login and password.
How we can work together:
- Please do not ask students to relay information to us. Contact one of the staff directly if something changes with the student's test. (i.e. you've extended their test date,etc.)
- Please replace out-dated tests.
- Please do not ask any Testing Center staff member to give out test grades or scores over the phone. We will not violate FERPA.
- Unfortunately, we don't have a photocopier, so we are unable to photocopy exams. Please send us the appropriate amount of copies. If you are sending a test for just one student, you may email it to the Manager or Supervisor; however, it if requires more than one copy, you must supply the copies to us.
- We will not return exams via interoffice mail.
- Please do not ask your students to leave homework or other assignments with us. We cannot accept responsibility for collecting homework for students.
Testing Services Provided