For current High School Students, please click here.
For transfer students, please click here.
For information on preparing for the Accuplacer Exam, click here or visit the Resources for Students page under the Basic Skills Test Preparation section.
To maximize the effectiveness of your appointment, please follow these steps:
1. Review Brookdale’s Academic Catalog and become familiar with your major and its course requirements.
2. Do you know what courses you need to complete your degree or certificate? Print your program plan below and try your best to fill it in with your completed course work and anticipated courses needed to complete your plan. The various general education courses are located in the front section of the catalog.
Associate in Arts (AA) Associate in Science (AS) Associate in Fine Arts (AFA)/Associate in Applied Science
3. Give some thought to what courses you would like to take and why you would like to take them. For example, if you are an AA student, you will be required to take 3 HUMANITIES general education courses. Review the various course descriptions and try to identify the course(s) that fit best with your career interest and your personal interests. Course descriptions are located in the back of the catalog.
4. If you are undecided, spend some time thinking about high school courses and/or courses taken while enrolled at Brookdale that you have enjoyed, courses you have done well in, and courses that were not a good match to your interests and skills. Consider all of these things when reviewing the curriculum and making decisions about developing your course load for each semester. Some students find it helpful to take career and personality assessments. During your appointment, you can ask about what assessments might be right for you.
5. Are you planning on transferring? If so, have you reviewed and familiarized yourself with the transfer institutions course requirements, application deadline dates and academic requirements? Some helpful websites include www.njtransfer.org, www.collegesource.org, and Brookdale’s Transfer page.
6. Bring your program plan to your appointment. This plan will give your Student Development Specialist a good place to start and will help you to remember all of the things that came to mind while reviewing the catalog and various programs of study.
7. Please be prompt for your appointment! If you are more than a a few minutes late, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to help answer all of your questions and you may be asked to reschedule. This appointment has been reserved special for you and if you cannot make the appointment, please cancel the appointment so another student can use the time.
Let’s get started! Please log onto MyBrookdalePortal and logon to Advisortrac.
If you are having any difficulty scheduling your appointment, please call 732-224-2555.
Last updated September 13, 2011