“And the day came when the risk to remain in a tight bud was more painful that the risk it took to blossom.” – Anais Nin
Are you in a marriage that is not working out?
Are you facing loss of income due to separation, divorce, widowhood, disability or military deployment of your spouse and need to become head of household?
You Are Not Alone Anymore!
The Displaced Homemakers Program at Brookdale Community College offers you free, confidential, holistic, customized help to enable you to reach your full potential. Our services include:
- Personal counseling and emotional support
- Peer support group where you have a safe place to share and bond with women in similar life circumstances
- Career development to help you choose training for an occupation that matches your interests, abilities and the current job market
- Job search skills including learning to network, resume writing, and interviewing
- Computer training to help you become comfortable with current technology
- Assertiveness training to help develop strengths and self–esteem
- Workshops to help manage your transition to self-sufficiency
- Community referrals to assist with various needs
sion of the Displaced Homemakers Program at Brookdale Community College is to assist displaced homemakers achieve your goals of emotional and financial self-sufficiency. We help you become empowered to make your own decisions and upgrade and/or obtain skills to support yourself and your family.
Read the stories of women who successfully met their challenges!
Take the first step today! Click here to contact us.
The Brookdale Community College Displaced Homemakers Program provides this free service through funding from the New Jersey Department of Children and Family Services Division on Women. We are conveniently located throughout Monmouth County in Hazlet, Lincroft, Freehold, Neptune, and Long Branch.