“And the day came when the risk to remain in a tight bud was more painful that the risk it took to blossom.” – Anais Nin
Are you a woman in a marriage that is not working out?
Are you facing loss of income due to separation, divorce, widowhood, spousal disability or spousal military deployment and need to become head of household?
You Are Not Alone Anymore!
Displaced Homemakers Services at Brookdale Community College offers you free, confidential, holistic, customized help to enable you to reach your full potential. Our services include:
- Personal counseling and emotional support
- Peer support group where you have a safe place to share and bond with women in similar life circumstances
- Career development to help you choose training for an occupation that matches your interests, abilities and the current job market
- Job search skills including learning to network, resume writing, and interviewing
- Computer training to help you become comfortable with current technology
- Workshops to help manage your transition to self-sufficiency
- Community referrals to assist with various needs
sion of Displaced Homemakers Services at Brookdale Community College is to assist displaced homemakers achieve their goals of emotional and financial self-sufficiency. We help women become empowered to make their own decisions and upgrade and/or obtain skills to support themselves and their families.
Read the stories of women who successfully met their challenges!
Take the first step today! Click here to contact us.
Displaced Homemakers Services at Brookdale Community College provides this free service through funding from the New Jersey Department of Children and Family Services Division on Women. We are conveniently located throughout Monmouth County in Hazlet, Lincroft, Freehold, and Long Branch.