STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS & HONORING COMMUNITY LEADERS
The Scholarship Program is named in honor of the late Sgt. Wilbur Ray who was a long-time and devoted member of the Brookdale Community College police force and an active volunteer in the Long Branch community. His example of public service serves as the inspiration for the program which celebrates significant contributions by county residents and organizations that, while substantial, do not always result in public recognition.
The Wilbur Ray Scholarship Awards Dinner is held annually, each spring, to celebrate diversity and the importance of civic engagement by students and professionals who attend the college and/or work within the communities served by Brookdale Community College. Proceeds from the dinner support the Wilbur Ray Scholarship Program which has distributed numerous scholarships to students over its 35 year history.
Email Mstathum@brookdalecc.edu for more information.
- Scholarship funds are credited to the student’s account at Brookdale to be used to cover tuition, fees or books.
We encourage all students & families to file the FAFSA form in order to be considered for scholarships and financial aid programs.
Questions about FAFSA? Visit the Financial Aid website, or contact the Financial Aid office at (732) 224-2361 or e-mail questions to email@example.com
- Monmouth County resident and high school/GED graduates
- Ethnic Minority Student
- Completed a Brookdale Community College application, planning to register as a full-time student
- Minimum GPA 2.5
- Evidence of financial need
- All Majors are encouraged to apply. Career interest in law enforcement and/or a related field preferred.
- Available to be interviewed by the scholarship committee