Adobe Connect Video Tutorial
Click the play arrow above to view a five-minute tutorial on how to use Adobe Connect to attend an Online Advising session.
UPDATED VIDEO TUTORIAL coming soon..
I cannot get into the meeting room.
1. Enter the meeting as a Guest user by entering in your first name in the guest field.
2. Click the Help link on the meeting login page. This takes you to the Test Meeting Connection page where you can verify that your computer meets all necessary requirements. If you do not pass the test, you will be given instructions for what you need to do.
3. Make sure popup blocking software is not blocking your meeting window.
4. The meeting launches in a web browser. If the host (i.e. advisor) has not yet arrived to the meeting or the host is busy with another student, you will be required to wait until the host invites you into the room.
I cannot hear any audio.
Meeting hosts have control over how the audio portion of your meeting is conducted. You can hear meeting audio through your computer or mobile device speakers.
Most sound issues are either related to your computer system volume and speakers, or an outdated version of the Adobe Flash Player.
1. Verify that your computer speakers are on and your computer’s volume is at an audible level. If you have external speakers for your system, make sure they are turned on and turned up.
2. In the Adobe Connect meeting room, go to the audio icon on the top bar, click on “adjust speaker volume” and move the setting to high.
3.If you still do not hear audio, it is recommended that you run the Audio Setup Wizard. To do this, select the Audio Setup Wizard from the Meeting menu.
3. Update your Adobe Flash Player to the most recent version. Close all your browser windows then reopen your browser and navigate back to the online session.
The meeting audio is not consistent; it fades and is choppy. Is there anything II can do to improve the audio?
Occasionally you may hear breaks in the audio; these are due to temporary bandwidth issues between your location and the Adobe Connect server. If you are connecting using WiFi, there may be intermittent signal loss which can cause the audio to drop. The sound will come through again shortly and there will be no loss of “content” – just momentary breaks in the audio stream.
You should connect using a high speed Ethernet line.
The display is fuzzy.
If you are having trouble seeing a host’s screen, try the following:
Click the Full Screen button on the top of the right corner of the screen.