Donate to Brookdale

Fast Start for High School Students

An overhead view of students walking across campus

Brookdale welcomes high school seniors, juniors, and sophomores presently enrolled in any Monmouth County High School, as well as home-schooled residents of Monmouth County, to apply to the “Fast Start” Program.

The following criteria apply:

  • Applicants must be at least 15 years of age or older and have completed the equivalent of 9th grade.
  • Applicants to and students in the program must be recommended by and have written approval from their High School Guidance Counselor and parent/legal guardian. In the case of home schooled students, written approval of a parent/legal guardian will suffice.
  • Applicants will be allowed to enroll in no more than two college level courses during any term under the guidelines of the Brookdale Community College prerequisite and co-requisite system. Applicants may not enroll in selective admission programs, basic skills or support courses.
  • Applicants must meet minimum proficiency requirements on the placement tests or SATs. To continue in the program, the student must maintain a minimum term GPA of 2.0 at the College.
  • Fast Start students will be designated as non-degree students until they meet the College’s admission requirements for a degree student.
  • The Admissions Office, in coordination with the Dean of Enrollment Development & Student Affairs, will be responsible for the enrollment of Fast Start students. Recruitment Services will inform all Monmouth County superintendents, principals and counselors with high school responsibilities of the provisions in the policy and regulations on Fast Start.
  • Appeals for exceptions should be made in writing to the Executive Vice President for Educational Services or designee.

Students are required to submit a completed Fast Start Application for each and every semester they wish to enroll through the Fast Start Program.  This document will be required in order for the Fast Start Student to register for classes. Download the Fast Start application and Brookdale application, then submit them to the Admissions Office.

If a student has completed coursework through the Fast Start Program and wishes to enroll in a degree or certificate program upon completion of graduation, they must contact the Recruitment Services Office to obtain and complete a Change of Program Form.

If you have questions or need more information, please e-mail the Recruitment office.