Volume I, Issue II
Exploring the Immigrant Experience through Brookdale’s Global Read
Brookdale’s Global Citizenship Project (GCP) has been exploring issues reflecting the immigration and refugee experience for the past two years.
Students Aim to Convert Thrift Store Bargains Into Bold Fashion Statements for Charity
Cultivating creativity and seeing potential – those are two key skills for aspiring fashion designers in looking at fabrics and accessories and transforming them into something new and appealing.
Brookdale Alumni Participate in 2019 Atlantic City Fashion Show
Two Brookdale Community College alumni displayed their fashion and style in the 2019 Atlantic City Fashion Show which took place in February at The Showboat Hotel.
Student Spotlight: Elizabeth Rowe
After time away from school, Elizabeth Rowe saw Brookdale as her path to higher education. She sought an affordable alternative enabling her to explore options while not incurring debt. Little did she know that it would lead her across the Atlantic to Prague.
Alumni Spotlight: Armen Sahakyan
A passion for addressing and solving global issues drives Armen Sahakyan. His career choices and background reflect the Brookdale graduate’s global perspective and focus on the interconnectivity among nations.
A Conversation with Dr. Gitanjali Kundu
Dr. Gitanjali Kundu joined Brookdale’s faculty full-time in 2010. Born and raised in India, she earned a bachelor’s degree with honors and a master’s degree in botany from India. She earned her second Master’s degree in cell and molecular biology from Eastern Michigan University and obtained her Ph.D. in Immunology and Microbiology from the School of Medicine at Wayne State University in Michigan. Dr. Kundu teaches general biology, life sciences, anatomy and physiology, microbiology and developed the cell and molecular biology course.
Then and Now
- Alternate Benefit Plan (ABP) Provider Campus Visits
- ABP Investment providers visit the Lincroft campus periodically for individual income planning sessions. Dates and contact information to schedule an appointment can be found on the Employee Benefits Calendar, located on the Employee Benefits webpage within BrookdaleShare.
- Ted Hoffman, representative for Mass Mutual will present a seminar on Friday, March 29, 2019 noon to 12:45 p.m. / 1 p.m. – 1:45 p.m: Navigating Your Way through the NJABP. The meeting will be in Twin Lights I. He outlines the benefits offered through the ABP and reviews the challenges facing individuals responsible for their own retirement savings and ways to reach their goals. This is a good seminar for new enrollees to the ABP or current participants in their first ten years of employment. If you would like to attend, please RSVP to Susan Migliorino at 609-890-0470 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ethics Hotline
- Click here to learn more about reporting ethical violations.
- Professional Development
- Free Online, on-demand training available 24/7 to employees – Click here
- State Educator’s Health Benefits Plan Audit
- The State is conducting a health benefits dependent eligibility audit through Alight Dependent Verification Services. If you received an audit letter, please be sure to submit the requested information.
- To complete the request – Click here.
- Questions on the audit should be directed to Alight Solutions Call Center 1-833-372-8748
- Notice to supervisors: Please cancel any time exceptions submitted for a vacation or personal day for any staff, for Tuesday, February 12, as we were closed for business.