Individuals must fill out a pre-screening health questionnaire each day for authorized access to on-campus buildings and facilities.
Spring 2021 Screening Center Schedules
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Mon – until 7:15 p.m.)
Tuesday: 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m
Friday: 8:00 a.m. -12:00 noon
Monday – Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Wed until 8:15 p.m.)
Friday: 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Auto Tech LOBBY
Monday and Wednesday: 8:30 a.m.-12 noon; 12:30 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday: 7:30 a.m.-12 noon; 12:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m.
Note: Evening Auto Tech students will use the ATC screening center for temperature check and access to the Auto Tech building
Culinary Education Ctr: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 7:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.
Wall Regional Location
Schedule varies based on class schedule
Fall Update and Governor Murphy’s latest executive order/August 17, 2020 Message
We anxiously await the beginning of the fall semester in several weeks and assure you that we’ve been busily preparing for you to pursue your educational goals in a safe academically-sound environment. Over the summer, our faculty have enhanced their course materials and remote teaching techniques. Our student services and academic support staff have been working nonstop to ensure that our students have the resources necessary to achieve your goals. Additionally, our COVID Response Team has diligently developed and implemented an extensive safety plan as directed by Governor Murphy.
You may have heard that Governor Murphy issued Executive Order 175 on August 12, 2020. This executive order supersedes his previous executive orders that closed public and private schools, including colleges and universities. Executive Order 175 essentially permits schools and colleges to re-open and offer in-person experiences that comply with safe re-opening plans.
As I have previously communicated, Brookdale’s safe re-opening plan has been fully vetted by our College community and the Office of the Secretary of Higher Education. Accordingly, we will continue to operate primarily remotely in Fall 2020, offering a full range of online, remote-live, and hybrid classes. Brookdale’s online and remote instruction has a very strong reputation, largely due to our exceptional faculty and staff, as well as the support of our stellar Teaching & Learning Center. When you view your schedule online in WebAdvisor (or search for classes if you have not yet registered), the specific type of course, and meeting day/time requirements are listed in the “Meeting Information” column:
- Courses designated as “Online – Remote Live Classes” will include specific days and times you will be expected to log in and meet with your class online.
- Courses designated as “Online -Fully Online” do not have a day/time meeting requirement. These courses will require that you log into Canvas on the first day of the semester and review the expectations of your professor, including dates and times when course work must be completed.
- Sections designated as “Online – Remote Hybrid” will include a mix of specific log in times in which you will meet with your class, and independent or smaller group work. Your instructor will provide further information on the first day of classes.
A very limited number of in-person classes are scheduled in subject areas that cannot be completed online, such as Culinary Arts and Automotive Technology. For these programs, access to buildings and facilities will continue to be limited. Only authorized students, employees, and visitors will be permitted to access our buildings in order to maximize a safe environment. Our extensive protocols for in-person classes will follow CDC guidance and State Department of Health requirements such as socially distanced seating, face covering requirements, and frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces. These protocols are explained in our limited reopening plan which remains in effect. I urge you to review this plan again, as well as the resources listed below.
For additional information related to COVID-19:
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.cdc.gov for information related to prevention efforts, hand washing and hygiene, face coverings, symptoms, quarantine, testing, etc. The CDC site also contains videos on a broad range of topics.
- Visit our CDC videos page to view a selection of videos and search the CDC site for additional topics and videos.
- Visit the New Jersey COVID-19 Information Hub, www.covid19.nj.gov for information on several topics, including states on New Jersey’s travel advisory list due to higher rates of transmission. Travelers returning from the affected states are advised to quarantine for 14 days.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and cooperation in ensuring the safety and well-being of all our community members.
David Stout, Ph.D.
Brookdale Community College
- Information for Students
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Apply for a Loaner Laptop
- Why Does Brookdale Charge Lab Fees when Courses are Online?
- Pandemic Planning and Response
- Brookdale Community College Cares Act Fund
- Brookdale Community College Federal CARES Act Emergency Fund Grants to Students Report October 30, 2020
- Brookdale Community College Federal CARES Act Emergency Fund Grant Institutional Support October 30 2020
- COVID-19 Student Emergency Fund Application
- COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program
- COVID-19 School-Age Tuition Assistance for Working Families: English | Spanish
- New Jersey NEW JERSEY COVID-19 Information Hub
- COVID Alert NJ Mobile App
- Information for Faculty
- Information for Employees
- Infectious Disease Regulation
- Timeframe for Self-Isolation/Quarantine Based on Testing Results
- New Procedures for Access to Site Effective Monday, July 20
- Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Division of Pensions and Benefits SHBP/SEHBP COVID-19 Response
- Pandemic Planning and Response
- October 26 Employee Announcement
- May 28 Employee Announcement
- April 27 Employee Announcement
- April 16 Employee Announcement
- April 9 Employee Announcement
- March 27 Employee Announcement
- Also of Interest
- Important Information
- Last week in New Jersey
- Last week in New Jersey (En Español)
- More N.J. schools are planning to reopen with all-remote learning. Here’s the latest list
- N.J.’s major power companies ending moratorium against shutting off service for non-payment in October
- Lawmaker Aims to Release More Inmates in Pandemic and Other Outbreaks
- In Response to COVID, NJ Moves to Pay Long-Term Care Workers More
- Reopening N.J. Gyms Still Isn’t Safe. Health Experts Tell Us Why
- Major police reform will happen, leaders said during a live NJ.com webcast
- NJ State Government/Governor’s Actions:
- NJ Testing Sites News:
- Monmouth Family Health Center COVID-19 Testing (For Portuguese Speakers)
- Free Monmouth County COVID testing: Long Branch (July + August)
- AHNJ COVID-19 Testing Sites (Monmouth County Locations Pages 8-9)
- VNACJ COVID-19 testing available in Asbury Park, Keyport, Freehold and Red Bank
- Hackensack Meridian Health COVID-19 Testing and Antibody Testing (Freehold, Neptune and more, additional pop-up locations)
- NJ Public COVID-Testing Sites & Information
- Complete list of CVS Testing Locations
- COVID-19 Information Resources:
- Monmouth County COVID-19 Website
- New Jersey Small Business Development Centers (COVID-19 Response Advising and Information)
- Monmouth County Pandemic Resource Guide
- Mental Health and COVID-19 Resources
- CDC Website
- NJ COVID-19 Website
- NJ Department of Health Website
- NJ COVID-19 Disinformation Prevention Website
- Monmouth ACTS Financial Recovery Initiative