Updated June 16, 2020
Student Technology Support
For technology support, the Information Technology (IT) IT Help Desk provides centralized technology support to Brookdale Community College for all Information Technology requests and issues. IT Help Desk is available 24x7x365 to assist Current Students, Faculty, Staff, Future Students, New, and Incoming Students.
Contact the IT Help Desk using any one of the following methods:
- Create a Support Ticket: Is the preferred method of contact. Select the Help Deskicon from the MyBrookdale Quicklaunch to create a support ticket. Log in with your NetID username and password.
- Email: HelpDesk@brookdalecc.edu
- Call 24/7: 732-224-2829
Please visit https://www.brookdalecc.edu/oit/ for additional information on resetting passwords, accessing your email and Office 365, and other technology guides.
A Message from the Bankier Library:
Due to the ongoing closure of the Campus due to COVID-19 it is not possible for the Library to accept returned books at this time. We have extended due dates on checked out books and other media and are waiving overdue fines. If you are having trouble registering due to a Library Restriction, please email Library@brookdalecc.edu and we will address the situation. We are looking into alternate solutions such as having a book drop placed at the entrances to campus so stay tuned. In the meantime, please check our website at https://www.brookdalecc.edu/library/ for available resources and https://www.brookdalecc.edu/library/researchhelp/ to connect with our Librarians for research assistance.
Steve Chudnick, Director, Bankier Library and Learning Resources
All classes and services will be conducted online beginning March 23. We are hoping to return to the classrooms as quickly as possible, but we must follow the guidance of the NJ Department of Health and the Office of the Secretary of Higher Education which may recommend continuing in an online format for an unknown amount of time.
When will classes resume?
The vast majority of our faculty have submitted plans that will allow for classes to be conducted online. They’re working hard to put their materials and activities into Canvas or other online formats. In select cases, you may need to complete activities in person. Those details will be shared by your faculty. The college will continue these measures until further notice and all in-person instruction, at all locations, is discontinued until further notice.
How do I access my class material online?
Remember your faculty members are hard at work preparing resources for you to participate and engage in class from your location. Some faculty members will prepare content in Canvas which may also include live video conferences at your usual meeting time. Others may run live video conferences through Zoom or prepare content to be delivered via e-mail. Please monitor your Brookdale email account closely and check existing Canvas courses for messages. All students have been enrolled into a common course which contain tutorials, access to online academic support, and other resources.
What if I need to take a test?
Please speak to your faculty about testing options. Some faculty may offer testing with webcam proctoring via Respondus Monitor.
What about pass/fail options?
Brookdale is working closely with New Jersey in-state transfer institutions to determine whether or not they will accept “Pass” grades for transfer. If they do, the college will consider extending the deadline for the Pass/No Credit grade option that is already available to our students. Please see the Grading System page in the college catalog for more information about this option https://catalog.brookdalecc.edu/content.php?catoid=9&navoid=680&hl=pass+fail&returnto=search#grading_system
How do I get access to my Brookdale email?
What if things change?
In the event of any changes, the campus community will be notified immediately. Changes to campus operating status are communicated to the campus community through multiple sources (e.g. social media, website, email, text messages). Please make sure you stay connected with us.
The International Education Center continues to assist prospective and current international students, as well as, students interested in global opportunities with updated resources and online tools on our website, individual video chats, and virtual info sessions. Visit us on the web at www.brookdalecc.edu/international.
What if I don’t have access to the internet at home?
- FCC agreement stating that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots.
- Comcast COVID-19 response: offers free WiFi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time
- Charter Free Internet offer for 2 months
If you need assistance with technology options or internet access, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to help.
- AT&T COVID-19 response: offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families
- Verizon COVID-19 response: 15GB of additional high-speed data for wireless customers that will be automatically applied to consumer plans from March 25 through April 30, 2020. No customer action is necessary.
- Sprint COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge
What if I need help registering for classes?
If you need to speak with the Academic Advising department please click here, you will be asked to answer a couple of questions and a Student Success Coach will get back to you.
How can I reach the financial aid office?
Go to Web Advisor SelfService; My Financial Aid to access your financial aid info and check your Brookdale email for important messages from financial aid.
If you need to contact Financial Aid, email us at Faoffice@brookdalecc.edu
How can I reach student life and activities?
You can reach Student Life and Activities via email at email@example.com
How do I access academic tutoring services?
Every student has been enrolled in a Canvas course called ACADEMIC AND TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT-SP20P. In this course you will find resources such as Canvas tutorials and academic support from areas like The Brookdale Math Lab, The Learning Commons and Librarians. Visit Canvas for more information. You may also get tutoring online by clicking here.
How can I request a copy of my transcript?
You can request transcripts by clicking here.
What if I need resources to help me during COVID-19?
Fulfill now offers food assistance in Monmouth & Ocean counties. To find a food pantry, residents of Monmouth and Ocean counties can text “findfood” or “comida” to 888-918-2729. You will be prompted to give your zip code and you will receive responses in your chosen language.
I am feeling overwhelmed; how can I get help?
Crisis Counselors from the Monmouth County Division of Behavioral Health are available through phone banks to help residents who may be experiencing stress or anxiety due to the evolving situation. The counselors will provide County residents with guidance to help them through this challenging time.
The Monmouth County Health Department phone bank will open Monday, March 16 at 9 a.m. and can be reached at 732-845-2070.
Need helping caring for your Coronavirus Anxiety? Please click here for additional resources.
- Safe, Anonymous Recovery Support: All Recovery Virtual Meetings
- Monmouth University Community Care Telehealth Clinic
What if I need help from Monmouth County Social Services?
If you need assistance, please reach out to Sylvina Mendez at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can try to reach her by calling 732.431.6000 ext 5223
Please see following link regarding how County Social Services is handling SNAP/cash assistance cases/renewals as well as services in general. https://co.monmouth.nj.us/page.aspx?ID=5021&mode=1
What if I have another question not listed above?
Please complete this form to connect with us. You can ask questions and we will get back to you.
Bookstore Related Questions
- Visit the campus store website www.BrookdaleShop.com for Free Shipping on all orders of $65 or more. This includes various formats of course materials, supplies, apparel, technology and more.
- Rental Returns & Deadline Extensions: Books rented during the Spring 2020 semester must be returned to the Bookstore via mail. You can download a free shipping label via the Bookstore’s website by logging in with the email address on your rental account. To avoid late fees, your Spring rental must be shipped back to the Bookstore before the end of June. Click the COVID-19 message on the home page of the campus store website www.BrookdaleShop.com
The Scroll & Pen Bookstore is temporarily closed to the public. For your convenience, the Bookstore is offering FREE SHIPPING on orders of $65 or more. Follow the directions below to have your books shipped directly to you:
- Visit www.BrookdaleShop.com & place your book order.
- Allow 1-3 business days for processing and shipping.
- Email the Bookstore directly with any questions at Brookdale@bkstr.com.
Resources for Dreamers
- FDA Approves First At-Home Saliva Collection Test for Coronavirus LINK
- Expanded Access at New Jersey’s Community Based Testing Sites LINK
- NJ Department of Labor and Workforce Development Extends Facility Closings LINK
- DEP Commissioner McCabe Issues Reminder For Visiting State Parks & Forests LINK
NJ State Government/Governor’s Actions:
- Executive Order #140 Governor Murphy Names Restart and Recovery Advisory Council
- Executive Order #139 Governor Murphy Directs U.S. and New Jersey Flags to Fly at Half-Staff in Honor of the 75th Anniversary of V-E Day
NJ Testing Sites News:
- New Plasma Collection Sites in Northern New Jersey LINK
- COVID-19 Tests Offered at 14 Local Pharmacies LINK
- NJ Public COVID-Testing Sites & Information LINK
- NJ 211 List of Testing Sites LINK
COVID-19 Information Resources: