At Brookdale Community College’s Career and Leadership Development, we recognize that this is a challenging time for most, if not all, companies and organizations in our area. Brookdale Community College has temporarily shifted to an online platform for our students and faculty in an effort to provide a continuous learning environment for our students.
While you may be working remotely or with a limited staff or functionality, we wanted to reach out and let you know that our team is virtually connecting and providing a platform for our students to research and learn more about companies and organizations in the area- particularly those that will be searching for part-time and full-time employees or interns in the near future. If you do not anticipate having open positions, we would still love to give your workplace the opportunity to be highlighted and recognized, while at the same time, educating our students on your profession.
If this opportunity sounds like something you are willing to consider, please review the following options. You may contact our office directly via email (email@example.com) and one of our associates will return your email with next steps. We look forward to hearing from you and working with you to create a valuable learning experience for our students in addition to an opportunity for exposure and recognition for your company or organization!
Option 1: A quick online tour of your company (30 seconds-5 minutes)
- This could be anything from a virtual tour of your building, company, office space and/or a brief overview of your company. This could also be a “talk-through” of your company by a staff member.
Option 2: A virtual information session about your organization (recorded video or live via Zoom)
- A video from a representative of your company that would explain the company/organization, the mission, and the vision. Providing students with information about the work your company does, and any ways they can be involved (internships, volunteering, part time positions, ).
- Host a live chat via Zoom with representatives from your company (consider asking Brookdale Alum!) who can answer questions and see our students “face-to-face” in an online meeting environment.
Option 3: Record a video about a career-related topic (up to 20 minutes).
- Do you have any advice for students related to their resumes, interview skills, professionalism, tips for being successful, first day of work do’s and don’t’s, etc. This is a great opportunity to share your expertise with our students through a quick video reviewing these topics!
- If you have a Brookdale alum working at your organization, we would love to highlight them as well!
Option 4: A Zoom interview between a representative from your company/organization and a Career & Leadership Development associate.
- The informative interview will focus on an overview of your company, your profession, words of advice for students, etc.
Option 5: Continue to post your job and internship openings in College Central Network.
- Our online database is available 24/7 for employer to post any current job openings or internship opportunities that you may have for our students and alumni.
Option 6: Your virtual suggestions!
- During this challenging time, we are open to exploring online opportunities that will benefit both companies and our students!
Once we receive your videos, we will share these on multiple platforms, including our current social media accounts and an online module on our website.
Career & Leadership Development • MAC Building, Room 105 • Brookdale Community College • 765 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft, NJ 07738 • P: 732-224-2792 • firstname.lastname@example.org