Funds are available through MOCEANS for students and families living with disabilities impacted by COVID-19. Funds for Food, Shelter, Equipment, Technology, and other Accommodations. No Income requirements.
For Residents of Monmouth and Ocean Counties. Cares Act funds relieve circumstances caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Requests for assistance must be directly related to the pandemic.
FUNDS MAY BE USED FOR
- Essential Household Supplies
- Personal Care Items
- Assistance for: Housing, Transportation, and Prescriptions
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Personal Care Attendants
- Personal protective (PPE)
- Accommodations to secure any of the above
This Program is available from March 1 – June 30, 2021 or until funds are expended.
To Apply for Assistance
Phone: 833-MOCEANS, 833-662-3267
Whenever possible funds will be distributed directly to the vendor who is providing a product or service.
TO APPLY FOR ASSISTANCE
- Complete the application
- Describe how the request is related to COVID-19
- Provide verification of no other source of funding
- Explain sustainability post assistance
- Ensure that costs are reasonable
- Return the completed application to MOCEANS staff
Assistance is available to complete the application.
These documents should accompany the application:
- A signed independent Living Plan.
- Authorization for Release of Information
- A doctor’s note or assessment may be required
- 3 bids/estimates may be requested for large purchases
MOCEANS reserves the right to offer comparable solutions that do not involve direct financial aid.