Welcome Future or Current NSLS Leader!
We would like to welcome you on behalf of the National Society of Leadership and Success (NSLS) on your eligibility to be a part of the Brookdale Community College chapter of NSLS. We are excited to offer real-world experiences that will help ensure you have the best opportunity to achieve your goals and success as a future leader.
To become an NSLS inducted member, you must complete the following steps before you graduate Brookdale:
- Receive and accept your NSLS invitation: Enter invitation code and submit your NSLS membership fee. Invitations will be mailed this October.
- Attend (1) Orientation: This is your first meeting that occurs and will give you access to all the information you need about the program to successfully complete the steps for induction as a member.
- Attend (1) Leadership Training Day: This 3-hour interactive video training session with a workbook is designed to help you identify and overcome any obstacles that may interfere with obtaining your goals. This introspective seminar helps you to recognize your strengths and weaknesses, to shift your focus toward your real passions.
- Attend (3) Speaker Broadcast events: you will watch some of the world’s most successful motivational speakers discussing topics related to leadership, identifying goals, facing challenges, personal growth and successfully transitioning from college to career.
- Attend (3) Success Networking Team meetings: bring together groups of students that work together and provide peer coaching on achieving goals. You can discuss goals, desires, and expectations, set timelines and hold each other accountable for achieving what you want. The Success Networking Team provides members with a support network of like-minded goal-oriented students on campus.
- Attend the NSLS Induction Ceremony: After completing all of your steps to induction you will attend this ceremony to be recognized and formerly inducted into the National Society of Leadership and Success.
NOTE: The average amount of time it takes to reach induction is approximately 9 hours spread out over the course of a semester. While most members do finish their steps to induction in a single semester, you may take longer if needed (as long as you finish prior to graduating). There is a membership fee of $95 to join the NSLS organization.
Please review the use the FAQ sheet for more information.
Still have questions?
Join us at the November 15 General Meeting at 11:45am with Special Guest Speaker: Dinneen Jackson, Director of Caroline Huber Holistic Wellness Center at Brookdale Community College. In-person at MAN 108 and live broadcast via Zoom: https://brookdalecc.zoom.us/j/98143612086.
If you have accepted your invitation and would like to join us at our next orientation and leadership training day, please RSVP on the events page of the NSLS member portal.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
The NSLS is the nation’s largest leadership honor society. Students are selected by Brookdale Community College for membership based on academic standing and leadership potential. Candidacy is a nationally recognized achievement of honorable distinction. With 727 chapters, the NSLS currently has 1,328,282 members nationwide.
In addition to honorable distinction, the NSLS provides a step-by-step program for members to build their leadership skills. Click here for more information about those steps. Upon completion of the program, members receive their leadership certificate and take their place among the top student leaders at Brookdale and across the country. Members are able to list their affiliation on all statements of personal accomplishment, including their resume.
Membership is for life and provides access to benefits including scholarships and awards, exclusive on-campus events, employer recruitment through an online job bank, and discounts on computers, textbooks, grad school prep courses, insurance and much more.
Who is invited to be a member of the Brookdale Chapter of NSLS?
As of 2017, Brookdale Community College students are invited to become a member of Brookdale’s Chapter of The National Society of Leadership & Success by meeting a 2.75 GPA; completion of a minimum of 6 credits and a maximum of 30 Brookdale Community College credits; and matriculated into a degree-seeking program. Due to the nature of the NSLS’s programming, students must be at least 18 years of age and attending classes at one of Brookdale’s locations (Lincroft, Freehold, Hazlet, Neptune, Wall, Long Branch, Culinary Center). Online only students – please contact us for additional information.
I received an invitation, now what?
If you have received an invitation to become a member of The National Society for Leadership & Success, congratulations! This is a great honor and we are excited to have you as a potential member!
If you have questions about the NSLS and your membership, please contact our chapter at email@example.com for more information. Our chapter has been recognized by the National Office and awarded the President’s Circle in the NSLS Pillar Program, which represents the best practices for chapters to successfully host the NSLS program. Read more about our chapter here.
Fall 2022 NSLS Speaker Series
Moving Leadership Forward with Andrew Yang Andrew Yang was a 2020 presidential candidate and a 2021 candidate for New York City mayor. Named Presidential Ambassador of Global Entrepreneurship by President Obama, he’s the founder of Humanity Forward and Venture for America. Yang’s New York Times bestselling book, The War on Normal People, helped introduce the idea of universal basic income into the political mainstream. Yang graduated from Brown University, where he graduated with degrees in economics and political science, and Columbia Law School, where he was an editor of the Columbia Law Review.
A Conversation with Kelly Ripa Kelly Ripa is one of the most influential voices in media, with a diverse body of work both on and off camera. A household name for over two decades and a career at ABC spanning over 30 years, Ripa has welcomed viewers with her sharp wit every morning as the host of the award-winning Live franchise. Ripa has won six Daytime Entertainment Emmy®️ Awards for Outstanding Talk Show Host and 15 Daytime Emmy nominations for Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show, with a win in 2012. Ripa has earned the prestigious Excellence in Media Award from GLAAD and Glamour’s Woman of the Year Award. She’s also consistently recognized by The Hollywood Reporter as part of its annual Women in Entertainment Power 100 list and the publication’s 35 Most Powerful People in Media.
Leading From the Hart with Kevin Hart Kevin Hart has become one of today’s most successful entertainers in Hollywood. Originally a stand-up comedian, Hart has since starred in big box-office films, popular TV shows, and released several well-received comedy albums. His first middle-grade novel, Marcus Makes a Movie, was an instant New York Times bestseller. The book depicts the importance of focusing and working hard to reach your goals. Its sequel, Marcus Makes It Big, delivers a heartfelt message about the perils of sudden fame and the importance of sticking close to the friends and family who helped get you there.
Views and opinions expressed through content and speakers of the National Society of Leadership and Success are solely those of the individual and not those of Brookdale Community College. Adult content may be discussed.
Career, Leadership & Transfer Pathways • MAC Building, Room 105 • 732-224-2792 • firstname.lastname@example.org