Code: XCOMT 030
Institute: Continuing & Professional Studies
Title: Business Office Support Specialist
Course Description: Learn the essential Microsoft Office tools you need to compete in today’s job market. This course now includes the Microsoft Office Specialist certification for Word. The Business Office Support Specialist (BOSS) course is a 300-hour, hands-on program that includes Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and an introduction to the accounting software package, QuickBooks. Workbooks, practice exams and exam fee included.
Prerequisites: Basic typing skills
Total Program Hours: 300
Lecture/Lab Hours: 300
- Logical Operations; Introduction to Personal Computers Using Microsoft Windows 10
- Logical Operations; Custom Word 2016 Book
- Logical Operations; Excel 2016: Part 1, Student Manual
- Logical Operations; Excel 2016: Part 2, Student Manual
- Logical Operations; PowerPoint 2016: Part 1, Student Manual
- Labyrinth; QuickBooks Desktop 2018: Level 1
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Upon successful completion of this course students will be:
- Navigate Windows using Help, Startup Menu
- Work with Microsoft applications, Word Excel and PowerPoint
- Use QuickBooks to perform basic bookkeeping functions
- Eligible to sit for the Microsoft Office Word Exam
The course grade will be determined as follows:
A = 92 – 100%
A- = 89 – 91%
B+ = 86 – 88%
B = 82 – 85%
B- = 79 – 81%
C+ = 76 – 78%
C = 70 – 75%
D = 60 – 69%
- WINDOWS 10
- WORD 2016
- EXCEL 2016
- POWERPOINT 2016
- QUICKBOOKS 2018
- INTERVIEW SKILL
- RESUME WRITING
- 90% attendance required for certificate of completion. You must sign the attendance sheet each day. Please report necessary absence to course faculty before class, if possible. It is the student’s responsibility to get missed assignments and/or class notes from class peers. Students who do not attend class will find that they have difficulty fulfilling the requirements of this course.
- Punctuality matters. If you are more than ten minutes late to class, you may be admitted only at the discretion of the faculty.
- Students are encouraged to reach out to course faculty via email with any issues prior to assignment/exam due dates
- Assignments must be handed in on time.
- Exams must be taken on the scheduled dates
For information regarding:
- Brookdale’s Academic Integrity Code
- Student Conduct Code
- Student Grade Appeal Process Please refer to the STUDENT HANDBOOK AND BCC CATALOG.
NOTIFICATION FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES:
Brookdale Community College offers reasonable accommodations and/or services to persons with disabilities. Students with disabilities who wish to self-identify, must contact the Disabilities Services Office at 732-224-2730 or 732-842-4211 (TTY), provide appropriate documentation of the disability, and request specific accommodations or services. If a student qualifies, reasonable accommodations and/or services, which are appropriate for the college level and are recommended in the documentation, can be approved.
This is to certify that the information contained in this publication is true and correct in content and policy.