Donate to Brookdale

Financial Aid for Career Training

We are excited to announce that for the first time, eligible students may be able to use federal Pell Grants to help pay for three short-term career training programs at Brookdale Community College.

Federal Financial aid in the form of grants and student loans is available for three of our non-credit, career training certification programs:

A non-refundable deposit of $275 (which will be applied to your tuition) is required at the time of registration for the above programs.

To be eligible for Federal Grants and loans, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA.)  Instructions and links are provided below.

Grants and Scholarships:

Students in non-credit career training programs at Brookdale’s Center for Career Development may also be eligible for other funding.  For example:

  • Due to a bequest by the late Roy E. Gordon, limited financial aid is available.
  • Veterans and active duty military personnel and their families may be eligible for education benefits.

Roy E. Gordon Career Training Grant Application

Click here for EMACC Grants and Scholarships

The EMACC Grant program is intended to assist with the tuition and/or fees associated with post-high school vocational, technical, or certification programs. Grants are available to full and part-time students. The amount of the grant is no more than 50% of the cost of the program up to a maximum grant of $2,000. Grant applications are accepted throughout the year. Click here to view, download, and print the grant application PDF.

Installment Payments For courses costing over $500, an installment payment plan is available as follows:

  • 50% of fee at time of registration
  • 75% by first day of class
  • 100% 30 days after class starts or as contract states

Installment plan fee – $25 processing fee at time of registration. Students who fail to meet the payment schedule will be administratively withdrawn from the class. Students must come to the Continuing & Professional Studies office to set up a contract.

For information on financial aid for career training programs, please call:


Applying for Federal Financial Aid  

Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA).

Apply early! The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) can be completed as soon as the appropriate tax forms are completed.

Complete your FAFSA on-line: it’s very easy and processing results usually take only one to two weeks, compared to the four to six weeks required for paper applications or renewals. Applying on-line is faster and more accurate. FAFSA online has built in edits to prevent students from missing any required information. It is recommended that you use the IRS Data Retrieval process when completing you FAFSA.  Click here for information on the IRS Data Retrieval ProcessYou will need to know our Federal School Code #008404 to complete your FAFSA.

While you are completing the FAFSA on-line you may also apply for a FSA ID. An FSA ID is comprised of a username and password and can be used to login to certain Federal Student Aid websites, such as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®).Your FSA ID can be used to: Electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents, access your personal records, and make binding legal obligations. If you are a parent and need to electronically sign your child’s FAFSA, you need your own FSA ID! If you have more than one child attending college, you can use the same FSA ID to sign their applications.

Click here to file your FAFSA online.

Can’t apply on-line?

For those of you that may not have a computer or access to the Internet, or just feel uncomfortable filing on-line, the paper FAFSA is available in the Brookdale Financial Aid Office.  If you do not have a computer you are welcome to use the computers in the Financial Aid office or in the Bankier Library’s Information Commons.

Other financial aid requirements include that you must:

  • Have a High School diploma or GED
  • Register for an financial aid eligible program at Brookdale.
  • Be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
  • Be registered with Selective Service, if you are a male. Click here to Register with Selective Service.
  • Not be in default of a student loan, or owe a refund on any federal grant as stated in the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). Click here to check your status with NSLDS.
  • Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by federal, state and/or Brookdale regulations.