Facility Management Professional (FMP®)
STARTS JANUARY 23, 2017
NOTE: Click for Sustainability Facility Professional – SFP Credential
Earn the Must-Have Credential in Facility Management
IFMA’s Facility Management Professional (FMP®) Credential
Instructor: Joel Orton, AIA, FMP, CFM®, director of strategic real estate projects, Sanofi
Do you have the knowledge and skills that facility management employers are demanding? Do you have a way of proving to your current and prospective employers that your abilities meet or exceed industry-wide standards? Earning IFMA’S FMP credential can help you meet your career goals.
IFMA’s Facility Management Professional (FMP) credential will help facility manager professionals and industry suppliers increase their depth-of-knowledge in the core FM topics deemed critical by employers. By enrolling in Brookdale’s Center for Career Development IFMA FMP Credential Program®, you will improve your knowledge, enhance your skills, gain immediate credibility with employers, clients, and peers, and have access to everything you need to earn the FMP credential.
Mon, Jan 23-May 15, 5:30-9:30 pm (no class Feb 20 and April 10)
Fee and Code: $2395 (including materials and testing), XBUSM 234
Note: Please register AT LEAST one week before the start date so that materials are received in time for the first class.
Please contact Mary Ann Waclawik for information at 732-224-2508, email@example.com
Who Should Enroll?
This 15-week, 60-hour professional development program is designed for:
- Facility management practitioners looking to increase their depth-of-knowledge in the foundational FM topics deemed critical by employers. Individuals who are transitioning into the FM profession.
- Related-industry practitioners such as architects, designers and safety engineers.
- Facility-related product and service providers.
- Students entering the profession from colleges, universities, certificate or technical programs.
- LEED Professionals seeking general CE hours for credential maintenance.
The IFMA FMP Credential Program curriculum was developed by a team of global industry experts to teach the knowledge and skills demanded by today’s facility management employers, as defined by the IFMA global job task analysis. These materials include:
- Printed and e-version course materials
- Interactive online study tools
- Online FMP final assessments
Not only will you enhance your FM knowledge and skills, and qualify for the FMP credential (upon successful completion of the final FMP assessments), the materials will serve as an ongoing reference of facility management practices. The course investment includes all course materials and FMP final assessments, but does not cover the FMP application fee.
By enrolling in this course, you’ll benefit from:
- Experienced instructors who present the IFMA FMP Credential Program materials in an easy-to-understand format.
- A structured learning environment to keep you on schedule.
- Opportunity to build your peer network.
- Course fees often qualify for tuition reimbursement.
- Up to 7.8 IFMA-issued continuing education units (CEUs) and 60 general CE hours for LEED credential maintenance for successful completion of the four courses.
Note: No additional FMP final exam is required. After passing the three FMP final assessments with a score of 75% or higher, the FMP application (with fee) must be submitted to IFMA.
What will you learn?
With the help of our expert instructor and the comprehensive reading materials, you will explore the topics deemed critical by employers and practitioners worldwide.
Course 1: Operations and Maintenance
- Introduction to Operations and Maintenance
- Assess Facility Needs
- Manage/Oversee Operations and Maintenance of Building, Systems and Equipment
- Manage/Oversee Occupant Services
- Select the Best Resources
- Measure and Optimize Operations and Maintenance Performance
Course 2: Project Management
- Introduction to Project Management
- Define Projects
- Plan Projects
- Manage and Oversee Projects
- Close Projects
Course 3: Finance and Business
- Finance and Business in the Facility Organization
- Financial Management of the Facility Organization
- Procurement in the Facility Organization
- Contracts in the Facility Organization
Course 4: Leadership and Strategy
- Plan Strategically
- Lead and Manage the Facility Organization
- Provide Leadership to the Entire Organization
Policies & Requirements
Program Requirements: There are no prerequisites to enroll in this program.
FMP Credential Requirements: The IFMA FMP Credential Program materials include online FMP final assessments. To earn the FMP credential, you must pass each of the four FMP final assessments with a score of 75% or higher. Once completed, you must submit an FMP application and pay an application fee (information at (www.ifma.org) to IFMA to validate your credential.