What's Driving You?
Are you a lifetime car lover? A loyal viewer of Wheeler Dealer, Fast & Loud, Chasing Car Classics or Monster Garage? Finally ready to get under the hood and pursue your passion? Don’t miss this unique summertime opportunity welcoming adult car enthusiasts of all ages and stages.
Car Engines I: Getting Up To Speed
Learn the basics of engine overhaul. Topics include proper diagnosis, engine disassembly, inspection and measuring, machine operations and reassembly. Hands-on experience includes complete disassembly and reassembly of an automotive engine. 8 SESSIONS
Mon & Wed, Jul 9-Aug 1, 6:15-9:15 pm
Fee and Code: $249, XPRAG 120
Car Engines II: Rev Up
Learn proper techniques for building engines, then accelerate to the many ways to modify an engine for improved performance. Move beyond fundamentals to the world of high performance. Basic knowledge of auto engines is assumed. Includes visit to local machine shop for demonstration of the machining processes. 8 SESSIONS
Mon & Wed, Aug 6-Aug 29, 6:15-9:15 pm
Fee and Code: $249, XPRAG 121
Instructor George Poosikian, an automotive ASE Master Technician with over 35 years of technical field experience, will be teaching engine performance building this summer. A lifelong car enthusiast, George began building engines and hot rods as a teenager. Today, he has recently completed a frame off restoration/repower of his 1964 Corvette that highlights the world of high performance.
George’s professional dealership experience began at Chevrolet, then USAirways, Jaguar, and finally GMC. For the past seven years, he has worked at Brookdale as an adjunct automotive instructor and supervisor to students in the automotive lab.
Learn more about Brookdale’s Automotive Technology degrees and certificates!
- National Institute “Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) and manufacturer certified instructors and lab assistants
- Two NATEF Certified Programs: AAS Degree Program for General Motors – GMASEP – and the A.A.S. Degree Program for General Automotive (GENTEC)
- Choice of three A.A.S. degree programs and five certificate programs
- Articulation agreement with Pennsylvania College of Technology for a bachelor’s degree
- Extensive hands-on practical training
- Internship experience based on chosen program
- Updated, state of the art equipment and facilities
- 12-Bay lab area and four new classrooms with lifts