Are you between the ages of 16 and 24? You may be eligible for our free Youth GED and Job Readiness Program!
Our afternoon classes include:
- GED Test Prep Classes in Math, Social Studies, Language Arts, and Science
- Individualized Tutoring in all subjects
- Personal and Career Counseling
- Help with Resumes, Job Searches, and Interview Prep
- Guidance on college, industry training certificates, and financial aid
- 21st Century Skill Building, to prepare you for continued education and work
- Community Service Projects to give you work related experiences and an opportunity to pay it forward!
- Work at your own pace and take advantage of individualized study plans
For more information, please contact the Youth GED program:
Please leave your name, your telephone number, and the location that you are interested in (Asbury Park, Hazlet, Long Branch, or Neptune).
What are the admissions requirements for the Youth GED program?
This program is designed to serve highly motivated students between the ages of 16 and 24.
You must attend an information session to learn about our program, participate in an interview with one of our staff members, and take a placement test so that we can determine your academic grade level. To sign up for our next information session in Long Branch or Hazlet, please contact us!
Please bring the following to the orientation:
Social Security Card
Proof of student’s address
New Jersey state issued identification (Driver’s License, County ID from the Division of Motor Vehicles)
Income Information: 1040, most recent pay stub, Social Security Statement, or proof of governmental assistance such as TANF, WIC, etc. information)
Male students must register with the Selective Service, at SSS.gov
How soon can I earn my GED?
Students work at their own pace. Instructors will develop individualized study plans for each of you, and determine when you are ready for each of the four GED subject tests.
Where do I take the GED Tests?
When your instructor believes you are ready, we will schedule you for the High School Equivalency Diploma tests at the Testing Center in the CAR Building at Brookdale Community College, 765 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft, NJ 07738, Parking Lot #5.
- Class times are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 1:00 to 4:00 at all locations except Brookdale at Neptune. The Neptune class times are 1:00 to 4:00 Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.
Tutoring may be offered outside of class times.