Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements of the GED and ESOL programs?
- Age 16 years or older
- Dedicate at least six hours per week to attend classes and complete assignments
- Read, write, and understand English to take GED Classes
- US citizenship or documents are not required
Where are the GED and ESOL classes offered?
- Brookdale’s Higher Education Centers in Long Branch, Neptune, Hazlet and Freehold
- Live remote via Zoom
When are classes offered?
- Two days a week (up to three hours for each class)
- Either Mondays & Wednesdays or Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Morning classes generally meet 10am-1pm
- Evening classes generally meet 6pm-9pm (evening classes are temporarily on Zoom)
How do I register for classes?
- Call 732-224-2180 to place your name on our waitlist or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The High School Equivalency Diploma (GED) test is given at Brookdale Community College, 765 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft, NJ 07738
- The Testing Center is located in the Bankier Library
Who do I call for my test result?
- For Test results please call 609-777-1050