Come learn all about Brookdale’s new A.S. Degree in Fashion Design & Merchandising! Get all of your questions answered about this program, meet the faculty, and hear from our students.
Designed for the student who wants a career in the design or wholesale/retail fashion industry, this program combines fashion studies
with business and general education courses. After graduation, you’ll be set to transfer to a Bachelor degree program in any college that offer fashion design or merchandising degrees.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the fashion industry from concept to consumer
- Compare and contrast historical costume dress to contemporary dress
- Apply appropriate visual merchandising and advertising techniques
- Demonstrate techniques and use of materials required to construct sewn products
- Demonstrate an understanding of the interrelationships between the consumer and the primary, secondary, retailing and auxiliary segments of the fashion industry