Brookdale Community College Student Life Center, 765 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft, NJ, Parking lot 6 or 7.
To register for the conference or to learn more about scholarship opportunities contact Lisa Savage at LSavage@brookdalecc.edu.
Mr. Kenneth Wilson
As one of the nation’s leading Student Success & Educator Empowerment Speakers, K.D. Wilson delivers life changing speeches, provides resources, developmental training and inspirational engagements for students and educators nationwide. K.D. is a former teacher, former youth minister and former police officer with a heart to see students and educators free of fear, regret, and doubt while living up to their full potential and operating effectively within their chosen path.
On Friday, February 24, 2023, Brookdale Community College in partnership with the Monmouth/Ocean County Pan Hellenic Council is hosting its Tenth Minority Male Initiative (MMI) Conference on the Lincroft Main Campus from 9:00am – 1:00pm. The goal of the conference is to allow minority male students to meet with professionals from various careers that may be of interest to them. The students will be able to network with the professionals and obtain information on what it takes to be successful in their career of interest. We are again inviting high school juniors and seniors to join Brookdale students at the conference. For this year’s format we will have a morning keynote speaker, followed by concurrent workshops, and speaker(s) during lunch. This year’s theme is “Developing Skills to Meet Today’s Work Environment” We plan to accomplish this by connecting students to professionals that have experience working in careers that fall within one of the five career clusters:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) / Mainframe Computing Communications Media (TV Production, Social Media, Journalism, Animation and Gaming)
- Health Science (Physical Therapy, Nursing, Physician, Athletic Training, Occupational Therapy, Radiology) Business and Social Science (Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Marketing, Counselor, Education, Criminal Justice).
- Theater (Multi-media, Marketing, Set Design/Construction, Acting and Playwright)
The objectives for students that attend this conference are as follows:
- Provide firsthand information about careers of interest from professionals that have experience working in a specific field.
- Provide an opportunity for students to network with students from other schools, students from Brookdale and professionals that may work in a field of interest.
- Provide students with scholarship opportunities.
When registering for the conference students will be asked to choose a career cluster workshop category based on their interest. Students that register for this event can also apply for scholarships that are ONLY available to those students that attend the conference and attend Brookdale.