The Brookdale Community College Social Impact Collaboratory (Entrepreneurial Innovation Hub), Monmouth County’s first social entrepreneurial and economic development ecosystem will serve as a hub contributing to New Jersey ‘s larger economic development ecosystem.
The Collaboratory will act as a social entrepreneurial ecosystem hub providing a platform for partnerships and outreach to the broader community for economic development. It will offer skill enrichment and preparation for the modern workplace and guiding the progress of prospective social entrepreneurs, small businesses, and non-profit organizations.
The Brookdale Community College Social Impact Collaboratory will be centrally located on Brookdale’s Lincroft campus in a mixed-use space designed for business ideation, collaboration, innovation, incubation, and acceleration. Programs offered through the Collaboratory will include master classes, skill development workshops, business accelerator programs, project-based experiential learning opportunities, leadership development, and access to business development resources, including the services of the Small Business Development Center.
Building Effective Teams (No fee)
Tues., November 14, 2023 12:00pm – 12:45pm
Teams are the most powerful construct for fulfilling the mission. Understand team development
theory and learn how to harness the strength of a well-prepared and high performing team.
• Defining Team Purpose: The Mission
• Explore Bruce Tuckman’s Stages of Team Formation
• Collaborating as a Team- Best Practices
For more information call 732-842-8685
Cultivating Workplace Health (No fee)
Tues., December 5, 2023 12:00 – 12:45pm
Balance provides life satisfaction. How do we identify our needs and advocate for ourselves?
• What is Work-Life balance and how can we best achieve it?
• How to use self-advocacy to stand up for yourself in the workplace
• Using Prioritizing and Triaging to make sure that we use of talents and energy in the
most productive ways
• Review of stress reduction strategies
SIC Progress Update (No fee)
Tues., Jan 16, 2024 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Lunch & Learn
An update on progress of the Social Impact Collaboratory project
Collaboration as a Skill (No Fee)
Tues., Feb 13, 2024 12:00pm – 12:45pm
Explore Strategic Doing, a proven methodology for bringing people together to innovate and get
Seeing My Work as Meaningful (No fee)
Tues., March 12, 2024 12:00pm – 12:45pm
For some, work is just what we need to do between weekends. How do we get the most
satisfaction from what “we do”? Learn how to make the most of your work experience.
• What is organizational culture and how can we cultivate feelings of inclusion?
• Job sculpting allows us to communicate with our organization to create activity that we
enjoy and makes the most of our talents
• Leadership training: Why is it important and how can we engage in it?