Alpha Delta Nu Nursing Honor Society
In the spring of 2012, the Organization for Associate Degree Nursing (OADN) approved the formation of a national honor society for Associate Degree Nursing Programs to be known as Alpha Delta Nu. Brookdale is chartered as the Alpha Signma Chapter of Alpha Delta Nu. To be considered for membership, a student must meet all of the following requirements:
- Students must have a 3.0 overall GPA.
- Students must receive a grade of “B” or higher in all nursing courses on the first attempt.
- Students must have demonstrated conduct on campus and in the clinical areas that reflect integrity and professionalism.
Students who meet eligibility requirements will be invited for consideration for induction during the first eight weeks of NURS 271. Participation is optional. If the student wishes to join Alpha Delta Nu, the following are the expectations:
- Pay the membership fee
- Complete a group capstone project
- Complete a minimum of 3-hours of tutoring for the SNA-sponsored peer tutoring program PRN Pals.