Do I need to take the ESL Placement Test?
You need to take the ESL placement test if you:
- Grew up and/or were educated in a country other than the United States
- Speak a language other than English at home
- Took ESL classes at any time during high school
How do I take the ESL Placement Test?
- Go to the CAR building on the Lincroft campus (Center for Admissions & Registration); use Parking Lot #5. YOU MUST BRING IDENTIFICATION WITH YOUR PHOTO ON IT.
- Ask for an admission application.
- Fill out the application and pay the $25.00 fee. Be sure to save your receipt.
- Ask for a permission slip to take the ESL Placement Test.
- Go downstairs to the Testing Center. Show your permission slip and identification. Click here for Testing Center hours.
- Take the test; afterwards you are free to go.
- After your test, call the ESL Desk at 732-224-2656 to make an appointment for an oral interview.
- After your interview (held in Larrison Hall, Room 232), you will be given a signed orange card that will identify your proper level. You will need to bring that card with you when you register in the CAR building.
Is the ESL Placement Test only offered on the Lincroft campus?
The ESL Placement Test is also offered at other Brookdale sites; appointments are required for testing at these sites. Please call in advance to schedule an appointment.
Our on-site staff at each Brookdale Center will guide you through the application and testing process. You will need to bring $25.00 and a PHOTO ID. After your test, remember to call the ESL desk at 732-224-2656 to make an appointment for an oral interview.
Brookdale at Freehold, 732-625-7003
Brookdale at Hazlet, 732-787-0019
Brookdale at Long Branch, 732-229-8440
Brookdale at Neptune, 732-774-3363