The Reading Center in Larrison Hall offers academic support for all Brookdale students enrolled in any course who need assistance in applying reading strategies in their coursework.
Students can meet with an Instructional Assistant for a 45 minutes long, one-on-one in-person or online appointment with one of our professional tutors.
Reading Instructional Assistants offer help throughout the semester by explaining strategies to help you:
- Understand your syllabus and get organized for the semester
- Know your textbook
- Make sense of your textbook and articles (highlighting, annotating, creating outlines, etc.)
- Organize the important information
- Prepare for tests and exams
- Suggest tips for studying with peers
The Reading Center also provides weekly assigned lab times as a fundamental component of READ 091 and required appointments to practice strategies for READ 092. In addition, individual appointments are offered for READ 095 students. Throughout the semester, The Reading Center also offers workshops that provide tips for test-taking anxiety and study skills.
To make an appointment with The Reading Center, please choose one of the following options:
- Log onto “My Brookdale” on the homepage and choose “Tutoring”
- Call 732-224-2942
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stop by in person to LAH 124
The Reading Center and the attached Computer Lab are located in Larrison Hall, Room 124.
Speing 2023 Hours
Mondays & Wednesday 9 am – 5 pm
Thuesdays & Thursdays 9 am – 4:30 pm
Online appointments are available on Fridays and some evenings. Please log onto “My Brookdale” on the homepage and choose “Tutoring” to check availability.
Book a Tutoring or Lab Appointment:
Join a Scheduled Online Tutoring Appointment: