Bus Drivers, TransDev (Neptune)
|Job Title:||Bus Drivers, TransDev (Neptune)|
Bus Driver Needed - $5,000 Sign-On Bonus in Neptune, New Jersey
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen, DOT physical and background check.
Transdev Services, Inc.
830 Old Corlies Avenue,
Neptune, New Jersey 07753
Sign-On Bonus $5,000 - Starting Salary $15.22 /hour
Transdev is hiring bus drivers for their fixed route transit service in Monmouth County, NJ. We are looking for safe, friendly drivers to help passengers move around throughout Monmouth County, NJ using public transportation. Come join the largest private sector operator of public transportation in North America–one that cares about its employees, passengers and their communities.
Why Drive with Us?
· $5,000 Sign-On Bonus!
· Paid Training!
· Starting Pay Rate $15.22/hour
· Paid health benefits, holiday pay, Vacation pay, Sick Pay, 401(k), along with flexible work schedules.
· Ability to advance your career!
· Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle; sets correct destination and route signs
· Operates various types of vehicles, as assigned, safely, in all types of weather and traffic conditions, according to printed passenger schedules and Operators schedules
· Arrives and signs in on time; works hours as scheduled; wear clean, neat uniforms
· Picks up and discharges passengers at designated bus stops safely; regulates heating and ventilating equipment on the bus for the comfort of passengers
· Follows fare collection procedures; guards against transfer abuse; hands in fare box at end of shift.
· Reports all accidents, incidents, or unusual occurrences to dispatch office immediately; submits written reports on accidents, incidents or unusual occurrences as required
· Accurately completes all reports
· Follows rules and regulations of the Company
· Adheres to all regulations related to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); correctly operates wheelchair lift with proper safety restraints as requested by the customer
· Provides transit information to passengers as needed
· Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required:
· Must be 21 years or older
· Must have a good driving record
· Must possess a valid Class B or higher Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger endorsement and Air brake endorsement
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Preferred:
· High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, required.
· Previous bus or other heavy-duty vehicle driving experience preferred
Skills and Knowledge Required:
· Good motor skills, good hearing, accurate color perception
· Ability to apply proper driving procedures
· Ability to learn transit routes and schedules and adapt to changes; ability to read a map
· Ability to read, understand, and interpret transit system operating rules, regulations, policies, and routes
· Ability to assist handicapped passengers when needed
· Basic math and writing skills
· Clear speech
· Travel requirement (as a percent): 100% of time is spent in the field
· Must submit to drug testing and a criminal background check
· Must be able to maintain a DOT medical card
· Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
· Primarily seated in vehicle; stress caused by passengers and traffic
· Must be able to work in all types of weather
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
TO APPLY: Please visit www.transdevna.com/careers to fill out application.