Assembly Mechanic Intern, Aptar (Eatontown)
Aptar in Eatontown is seeking an Assembly Mechanic Intern to maintain electrical and electro-mechanical production machinery to insure machine operates properly and within set specifications; refers advanced troubleshooting or repairs to Maintenance Mechanic.
Job Elements & Position Responsibilities:
• Repairs, sets up and troubleshoots production machinery independently
• Reads inspection gauges
• Performs recordkeeping duties
• Communicates engineering issues and creates work requests
• May issues parts to machines using Mobisys in order to record in SAP
• Performs safety checks on production machinery and is responsible for following lockout procedures
• Monitors multiple high-speed assembly machines and acts as a backup to the Assembly Technician
• Performs housekeeping duties
• Must possess high school diploma or GED
• Must have knowledge of electrical and pneumatic systems
• Must have mechanical skills/aptitude (as determined by testing)
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally throughout the shift, 1 to 2 times every 4 hours. Lifts 30% and reaches above shoulder 20% of shift.
• Must be able to stand, walk, lift, bend, crawl and stoop continuously throughout the shift. Bends 30%; stands 50% and walks 50% of shift.
• Must have good vision in order to perform visual inspection duties.
• Must be able to hear warning signals and verbal alerts to avoid injury during manufacturing process.
• Must be able to work as a member of a team, have high energy level and be able to work well under pressure
• Must be able to discern shades of color and color differences relating to component parts used in the manufacturing process
• Must be able to read, write and speak English in order to communicate and understand relevant information relating to quality and production issues
Salary: $18 an hour
To Apply: Email email@example.com