Chef-on-the-Road/COR Driver, Wonder (Union County)
Remarkable Foods is a fast-growing food tech start-up currently in stealth mode, looking to disrupt the food industry. Food brings us together and we hope it will do the same for you.
Note: “Remarkable Foods” is our stealth company name, not our go-to market brand.
What you’ll do:
COR’s will have a key role in preparing, packaging, and delivering exceptionally high restaurant quality meals to our customers in assigned delivery zones. Our COR assumes one of the most critical roles within our company’s operations. In this role, you are the connection point to our customer and quite literally, the “face” of our business. You will be interacting with customers outside their home, delivering amazing cuisines to their door with superior service, so excellence in hospitality is key.
You will need to perform culinary operations such as the assembly of and preparation of high-quality foods. You do not need to be a chef (we’ll teach you!), but you should be comfortable in a kitchen and around food. Remarkable Foods operates commercial (NOT CDL) vehicles at low speeds in suburban neighborhoods around Union County, NJ. You will be responsible for the well-being of the vehicle and its safe operation throughout your shift. This is your chance to be a part of something new and exciting, helping to build our business, and in return we will help you develop highly sought-after skills and experience.
• Pre/post vehicle operation checks; not technical.
• Safe vehicle operation.
• Onboard food inventory control. The inventory on the vehicle will be your responsibility, much like a cash register is for a cashier.
• Order fulfillment. Minor food preparation, packaging and delivery to our customers.
• Door delivery – interacting with customers, ensuring orders are accurate and customers are satisfied through high-level hospitality service.
• Providing education to customers about the company, app, menu, order.
• Verify orders are received and delivered within time.
• Provide continuous improvement feedback to the business.
• Cross-check organization of tools and resources.
• Customer centric – you will be the point of customer contact and brand ambassador for us.
• Team player – while COR’s are alone in the vehicle, we provide training, logistical support and help throughout the day as needed.
• Process oriented – we will look to gain your constructive feedback for improvements.
• Flexibility in your role – the COR position will evolve over time as we learn and fine tune how we operate our business.
• Attention to detail – ensuring all orders meet or exceed standards; maintaining an organized and clean vehicle at all times.
• Hospitality background
• Part-time & Full-time available
• Shift hours are 1-11 p.m. (until we begin to serve lunch and dinner)
• Flexible schedules offered
• Compensation starts at $18/hour + $250 signing bonus
• $500 additional bonus for new hires / employees who are vaccinated prior to June 14th
• Must pass a criminal background check, drug screening, DOT physical
• No major moving violations or license suspensions for at least 3 years
• Must able to commute to Edison, NJ
• Must be comfortable driving a commercial vehicle (i.e. sprinter van)
• Will receive uniforms
• Will receive training
Our Commitment to You:
At Remarkable Foods, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire with an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire for potential and promote for diversity, equity and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process more accessible to your needs.
Salary: $18 per hour
Benefits for FT offers:
-Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K match
-Benefits kick in Day 1
To Apply: Go to https://jobs.wonder.com/cor