Development Associate - Big Brothers Big Sisters of Coastal & Northern New Jersey (Asbury Park)
We are looking for a Development Associate to help generate donations using a variety of methods and with the support of the development team. The position plays a key role in ensuring that the development department’s goals are achieved by supporting the agency’s fundraising, marketing, and cultivation events.
• Maintain customer relations management (CRM) database for current and prospective donors. This task includes assurance of accurate records, issuance of tax receipts, plus preparing and presenting recurring reports.• Assist with management of mailing lists and mailings including event invitations, annual appeals, and others as needed. • Work with development team to plan, coordinate, and facilitate major fundraising events. Tasks might include permit applications, guest list management, vendor coordination, volunteer management, and others as needed. • Solicit auction donations for fundraising events throughout the year, design display materials, and ensure goals are met for each event’s auction. • Manage agency merchandise including researching options, placing orders, and maintaining inventory. • Collaborate with development team to maintain and increase social media presence and engagement with constituents on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube through posts, ads, and campaigns. • Assist with the collection of content for the monthly agency newsletter. • Engage with constituents as an ambassador of our program and services. • Provide donor stewardship and solicitation via email, mail, and phone calls. • Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Development, fundraising, and/or non-profit experience preferred.
• Strong computer and technology skills including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and Canva.
• Ability to travel throughout the state plus work occasional evenings and weekends.
• Demonstrated ability to write clearly and precisely with strong proofreading skills.
• Professional, confident presentation with strong interpersonal communication skills. Required Skills and Abilities
• Excellent organization and administrative skills: strong and consistent attention to detail, an organized work style, and the ability to follow through on work assignments with minimum direct supervision.
• Ability to work on several projects at various stages of completion.
• Experience with donor database management and systems preferred.
• Commitment to confidentiality of donor, volunteer, and youth records.
• Creative thinker, problem solver, and positive team player.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills. Contents may be subject to change.
Job Location: Asbury Park, NJ
Salary Range: $40,000-45,000
Benefits: Accrued vacation time & health benefits
How To Apply: https://www.indeed.com/job/development-associate-89194367ea02311f