Electric Utility Technology Faculty, Chandler-Gilbert Community College (Chandler, AZ)
|Job Title:||Electric Utility Technology Faculty, Chandler-Gilbert Community College (Chandler, AZ)|
Electric Utility Technology Faculty
Job Location: Chandler, AZ
Work Calendar: 9 Months
This residential faculty position begins Fall, 2021.
Location: Williams Campus
The primary focus of this position will be to promote student learning in Electric Utility Technology. The incumbent will teach EUT classes ranging from basic skills through upper levels in all areas with an emphasis on student success, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills needed to succeed in college-level courses. This position will teach lecture, lab, and field courses in Electric Utility Technology.
• Supervises and instructs a diverse population of students in a classroom and/or lab setting; develop written syllabi/course outlines and course materials; evaluates knowledge of subject matter taught and monitors students’ scholastic records; prepares and grades exams
• Develop and enhance knowledge of subject matter taught and individual training skills required to remain current with new trends and developments in the field through attendance at conferences, courses, seminars and/or workshops
• Maintains office hours to assist and advise students
• Participate in College Gen Ed Outcome Assessments Committee for EUT discipline
• Participate in District wide and campus committees
The Occupational Teaching Fields require the following from an accredited college or university:
1. A master's degree in the teaching field, or a master's in any teaching field with 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching field, or
2. A bachelor's degree plus three (3) years work experience in field to be taught, or an associate's degree or 64 semester hours and five (5) years work experience in the field to be taught, or five (5) years work experience in the field to be taught
3. EDU 250 - Teaching and Learning in the Community College or equivalent must be completed within two years of date of hire
1. Journeyman Lineman status (please provide proof of Journeyman status, i.e. Certificate, in the application.)
2. Associate’s or higher earned degree
3. Experience with A/C-D/C electrical power generation, substation, transmission, distribution, and safety procedures
4. Experience with overhead and underground electrical systems, including overhead and underground lime materials and construction specifications
5. Experience of hot sticking methods on 7.2Kv-69Kv distribution and transmission line
6. Experience with the use of instructional technology with diverse students in a lecture classroom, laboratory classroom, field classroom, and/or online environments
7. Experience with aerial device setup and operation safety requirements and clearances
8. Experience supervising and instructing apprentice linemen
Special Working Conditions:
• May be required to work at multiple sites or locations.
• May be required to lift or carry up to 75lbs.
• Climbing stairs and/or ladders to reach assigned areas along with working at heights. Requires climbing utility poles and operation of hand tools.
• Work outdoors in a variety of temperatures and environmental conditions.
• Instructional duties require the demonstration of heavy equipment operation (back hoe, trencher, digger/derrick etc.).
• May be required to work and instruct during evenings and weekends and/or be assigned to teach on particular days.
$44,897 - $86,519/annually, DOE
Are you looking for a place to work where you can make a real difference in the lives of over 200,000 college students every year?
Would you like to be part of an organization that adds $7.2 billion dollars to the economy and supports nearly 100,000 jobs in the
fastest growing county in the United States?
Whether you’re teaching, working, or learning Make It Happen At Maricopa County Community Colleges!
What's Currently Happening at Maricopa
Many of our campuses have received grant awards through the National Science Foundation to improve undergraduate STEM
Education: Hispanic-Serving institutions program (HSI Program).
Commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and employee groups to create an environment of shared governance
One of the largest community college systems in the country
2020 Healthy Arizona Worksites Program recipient
Named 19th Best Employer for Women by Forbes
2019 No. 42 in Arizona’s Best Employers
To apply and review the entire job announcement: Please go to https://jobs.maricopa.edu and search with 314497.
Please create an account and apply for the Job ID 314497.
Posting Close Date:
Please apply on or before January 18, 2021 to ensure consideration within the first review. Additional reviews, if necessary, will be held bi-weekly.
Application deadline: Please apply on or before March 1, 2021 to be considered.
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.