Engineering Technician, Krell Technologies Inc. (Neptune City)
Qualifications: Associate degree in engineering or similar technical field (minimum). A
relevant work experience will be considered.
Depending upon candidate, this position will be either full-time or part-time position with a path to full-time employment in the near future (or upon graduation).
Company: Krell Technologies, Inc.
11 Evergreen Avenue
Neptune City, NJ 07753
Krell Technologies is a manufacturer of fiber optic interconnect equipment. Our products include connector polishers, video inspection microscopes, interferometers and laser/detector packages. Established in 1995, Krell has a rapidly growing customer base throughout the world. We have unique and patented features that have set our products apart from the competition. Being a small business concern, we work in an informal environment and encourage creative thinking with no boundaries.
Workscope: We envision several areas in which the candidate can support Krell’s product line. These include:
• Coordinating engineering drawings and parts database
• Interface with Krell vendors including machinists and parts fabricators
• Incoming mechanical parts inspection and verification
• Assembly and calibration of polishing machines and microscopes
• Process development and testing of customer samples
• Contribute to product design and modification
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• PC literate with MS Office experience
• Able to use calipers, micrometer, basic test equipment (i.e. multimeter)
• Machining skills – lathe, drill press etc.
• Knowledge of basic electrical circuits
• Basic background in optics and/or fiber optics
• Soldering and wiring techniques
• Experience with 3D modeling CAD SolidWorks software
• Robotics and automation
• Use of an optical comparator
Time Frame: Employment start date – immediately.
To learn more about our products, please visit our website at www.krelltech.com.
Salary: $45,000+ (experience dependent)
Benefits: Horizon Blue Cross
To Apply: Please email a resume, or a brief summary of relevant experience, to the attention of Al Cheswick, President (email@example.com).