Full-Time/Part-Time Building/Fire Inspectors – Construction & Inspections, Township of Toms River (Toms River)
This is to advise that the position of Building/Fire Inspector is now available in the Division of Construction and Inspections. The Job Description and Qualifications are as follows:
• Must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License and periodically submit to examination of same by the Township Administrator or his/her designee.
• High School Diploma or equivalency.
• Associate Degree in the Engineering Field or a related field of study, such as, but not limited to Construction Technology is desirable.
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other governmental, public and private agencies, the general public and other employees.
• Ability to understand, remember and carry out oral and written directions and instructions.
• Knowledge and ability to operate within federal, state, county and local laws.
• Ability to analyze and interpret current New Jersey Code data and to investigate violations of the code.
• Ability to read plans and ability to observe physical construction to determine code compliance in a class one municipality.
• Minimum -Possession of a valid ICS. (Building Inspector) and ICS (Fire Inspector) license issued by the Department of Community Affairs, State of New Jersey. Multiple licenses desirable.
• Minimum of 5 years of full time experience in Building/ Fire Sub-Code Construction Inspection is desirable.
• Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible, or if the individual cannot perform the job without posing a serious threat of injury to the health and safety of the individual himself or to the other employees or the public.
Under the provisions of the existing Toms River Professional Association (AFSCME) contract regarding white-collar positions, the employer agrees to review applications for promotions or transfers from present TRPA Union employees prior to reviewing applications from other than Township employees. Outside applicants will only be considered when current union employees do not have the necessary qualifications.
Department Heads are directed to notify their respective employees of this opening and applications are to be filed with the Division of Personnel.
Salary: Full Time $56,900.89 – $90,819.82/ yr ; Part Time $29.94/hr